Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Touches Around Our Home.



Simple Christmas Front Door Decor.

Hello everyone! I’ve been meaning to snap some pictures to show you our Christmas touches here and there in our home, but it is such a busy time of year!  Anyway, come on in and I will try to keep the narrative short and sweet.

Touches of Red for Christmas

This year I felt in the mood for a touch of the quintessential Christmas color, red. I reused most of my already existing Christmas decorations but added in some new pieces.   I have to add that I bought that wool tartan blanket at a thrift store for less than $4! It’s like new too!


 Christmas Touches Around Our Home.
mantel close up

DSC_0938

Playroom with Three Wise Men Chalk Art
Dada drew the most lovely mural depicting the true meaning of Christmas…

Mr. Printables DIY Advent Calendar
We made the Village of houses again this year as our advent calendar.

Mr. Printables DIY Advent Calendar
Yesterday after he had retrieved his treat from house number 15, Zion excitedly exclaimed, “Nine more houses are left until Christmas Mama!” You can find the free printable to make your own on Mr. printables.com.



Getting Cozy for the Holidays with Blanket and Candles Galore
For the mantel in the sunroom, I picked a few branches from a tree in our backyard and placed them in a vase. I also cut some strands off some variegated vinca that I have planted in pots and used them as garland.

 Christmas Touches Around Our Home.
vinca up close

Ornaments in Apothecary Jars and Candles Make for a Cozy Mantel
lots of bling add lots of sparkle

Use Christmas Cards, candles, and place ornaments in apothecary jars for a warm and inviting Holiday mantel.
The cards are sentimental. Last Christmas the hubby(who was away) sent us about 6 cards. Even Ginger(our dog) received a card! I placed them there as a reminder of  just how grateful we are to have him home this Christmas.

 Christmas Touches Around Our Home.


 Christmas Touches Around Our Home.


Kid's Christmas Tree with Plush Ornaments
Zion and Ian chose this tree from a local farm and decorated it themselves. They also helped me to make those garlands(one on the bed and around Moose’s neck) from pipe cleaners. So much fun!

 Christmas Touches Around Our Home.
a little seasonal display in Z’s room with his art work

Fun and Colorful Christmas Tree

Our fancy tree! I added in some pink and animal print ornaments  this year. I might have gone overboard with the pink. There is more to show, but that would be too many pics. If I am not able to pop back in before Christmas, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! Love and Blessings. xx

Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

At December 16, 2014 at 5:45 AM , Blogger Tina said...

Hi Stacey!
Beautiful & warm Christmas feel in your Home. I admire all your effort & work! Lovely to hear you have your hubby Home for Christmas this Year!
Wishing you a happy, happy Holiday!

 
At December 16, 2014 at 6:56 AM , Blogger Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Stacey, I LOVE YOUR HOME. I hear ya about being so busy - I too wanted to take photos of my home but during the week that is impossible with work. Coming home when it's dark puts the kabosh on that idea! But this is finals week and for the next two weeks, I am OFF!

Your husband is just so talented. The boys much love what he creates for them, and that you even have a magic board as such in your home is terrific.

I hope everyone is well, and I wish you BLISS with all the family!!! Anita

 
At December 16, 2014 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Your home looks so beautiful and festive, darling! Merry Christmas to you and the fam!

xoxox,
CC

 
At December 16, 2014 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love all of your festiveness!! Looks gorgeous and of course I love your home anyway:)

 
At December 16, 2014 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

wow - your home is stunning and so festive!!! i love it. but i was really taken aback by how good that chalk drawing was of the three wisemen. JEEZ, you should keep that up all year. has an eerily perfect quality about it. MERRY CHRISTMAS to you guys!

 
At December 16, 2014 at 11:40 AM , Blogger C a i t l i n said...

Your home has a wonderful vibe -just like you. Cheers and enjoy your holiday.

 
At December 16, 2014 at 12:23 PM , Blogger It's me said...

Merry xmas..i have another post from our decoratings this weekend...so if you have Tine more to come...!!!..love your pink chair amazing...!!!!...love Ria...x!

 
At December 16, 2014 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Leslie said...

So pretty Stacey! I like your simple, pared down approach. Darling village and those cone trees are too cute:) Hope you are enjoying the seasonal festivities. It's such a busy time!!

 
At December 16, 2014 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Stacey,
Your home just exudes warmth and joy!!!! I love that bright red front door. And, then the mural in your boys' playroom is just fantastic. Love that they decorated their own "kid" tree. By all accounts, you really are living the spirit of the season.

Happiest holidays!
xoxo Elizabeth

 
At December 16, 2014 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good evening, BEAUTIFUL!

How lovely to come home on this cold night after my last day of instruction to see your comment. May you enjoy the most magical Christmas with your man and little men, Stacey! The precious days we have with each other just seem to be more important as I get older, and the older I get, the younger I feel thanks to the unfolding LOVE that never stops. BIG HUGS TO YOU! Anita

 
At December 18, 2014 at 8:55 PM , Blogger therelishedroost said...

The Three wise men and the best ever!! A wonderful Christmas to you and your family!
xoK

 
At December 19, 2014 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Brandi said...

Love your holiday home, Stacey! The mural your husband drew is amazing. The tree for your boys is so sweet. I love that they helped you make the garland it and decorate it themselves. Hope you guys have a very merry Christmas!

 
At December 21, 2014 at 12:27 AM , Blogger Studio Yuko Jones said...

Your home is absolutely beautiful! I love that the boys got their own tree and decorated it themselves. And your husband is such a talented artist! Merry Christmas to you and your family! xoxo

 
At December 21, 2014 at 12:29 AM , Blogger Studio Yuko Jones said...

And oh, may I ask what color the front door is? I've been looking for a perfect Orange-y red color (persimmon red/orange?) for my front door, and your door is gorgeous!

 
At December 21, 2014 at 12:44 AM , Blogger Tanvi from tanvii.com said...

So pretty! Love everything about your home.

∞ tanvii.com ∞

 
At December 21, 2014 at 5:38 PM , Blogger Lisa Gordon said...

Wishing you and your beautiful family a very Merry Christmas, and a bright and beautiful New Year, sweet friend. xo.

 
At January 2, 2015 at 7:39 AM , Blogger Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

BEAUTIFUL ONE!!!!!

Good morning Stacey my friend! I hope your festivities have been bright and beautiful! And with the Mr. home, I bet all was perfect. Thank you for coming to visit during this time of adjusting the homestead back to normal, playing with time, enjoy each other.

Wishing you a splendid 2015! Anita

 
At January 5, 2015 at 4:32 PM , Blogger Vel Criste said...

Can't believe I missed this! Love that your decor is laid-back but still smashingly gorgeous! Glad I got some peaks thru IG, which is basically all I can handle right now. I'm sure your Christmas was a very happy one dear!

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home