Monday, July 1, 2013

Red, White, and Blue Ideas: Celebrating July 4th

Red, White, and Blue Ideas: Celebrating July 4th
Here in the US, we will be celebrating July 4th(Independence Day) on Thursday. I can’t believe how quickly June went by! Do you add a splash of red, white, and blue around your home to celebrate July 4th? I don’t usually do much red, white, and blue decorating inside, but I try to incorporate splashes of these colours outdoors. Here are some looks/ideas that might inspire you…

Red, White, and Blue Ideas: Celebrating July 4th
I think I’ll try this; using flags to wrap water bottles. Of course,  it’s not a good idea to use paper flags since they wouldn’t be durable. However, there are so many adhesive options available, it would be super easy to wrap fabric flags around these bottles. I usually get my small flags from the dollar store!

Red, White, and Blue Ideas: Celebrating July 4th
a retro and very patriotic kitchen

Red, White, and Blue Ideas: Celebrating July 4th
Places like Hobby Lobby, Michaels,  and AC Moore are great places to buy inexpensive letters and get your patriotism on with some paint

Red, White, and Blue Ideas: Celebrating July 4th
the cutest porch ever courtesy of that adorable pup! well, the patriotic décor is really lovely too…

Red, White, and Blue Ideas: Celebrating July 4th
get crafty by adding red, white,  and blue craft paper to candle holders, etc. on your July 4th table setting.

great diy 4th of July pom pom garland here

Red, White, and Blue Ideas: Celebrating July 4th
loving the touch of patriotic flair with the use of pillows on this oh so beautiful swing

Red, White, and Blue Ideas: Celebrating July 4th
the quintessential patriotic porch!

Red, White, and Blue Ideas: Celebrating July 4th
Patriotic bean bag toss! Great way to repurpose those metal cans with the use of some acrylic paint!

Red, White, and Blue Ideas: Celebrating July 4th
One can still be patriotic on the water. love!

If you’re celebrating July 4th, have you decorated? Do you plan on decorating with some red, white, and blue? I hope everyone had a superb weekend! For the past few weeks, we’ve been having daily thunderstorms; seriously depressing! I hope this week will be sunny and dry. Blessings and Happy Monday everyone! XX
images: {pinterest, flickr, House Beautiful, BHG; most craft ideas also from BHG}

17 comments :

  1. I like the flags around the water bottles. Great idea! Splashes of red, white, and blue is a must for our holiday cookouts:) We will be traveling so I'll miss decorating.

    xxL

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Stacey!!

    I love to add some red, white and blue to my exterior with flags and pillows in my andirondack chairs...as well as the flag we usually have flying. But, with all the rain we keep having, I haven't put it all out yet.

    Love the flag wrapped water bottle idea. Darling! We have a bring your own food party at our beach club with some other families, so will have to try this.

    Happy summer and hope you have a wonderful 4th!
    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there Stacey! I WANT THAT KITCHEN with the aqua walls and the little turquoise towel and that west highland terrier! Really, all your photo choices are stunning!

    Happy fourth my friend, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had daily storms, too, so we may be putting our celebration off until the weekend. Perhaps a little red and white wine in blue tumblers would work! Hope you have a great week, Stacey.
    xxoo
    C + C

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great ideas! I like th ewater bottle one most doable too! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stacy....Since the Fourth is also my husbands birthday and he doesn't much care for red I don't do a lot of decorating. But these are great ideas and I love the water bottle idea.

    It's been raining nonstop in New England too for weeks! It needs to stop I'm waterlogged!

    Enjoy your Fourth!
    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great photo choices here, Stacey!
    So festive.
    We are definitely decorated, and are really hoping all this rain will go away in time for a 4th barbecue.

    Wishing you and your family a wonderful 4th of July!

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the festive inspirations, Stacey! I adore the pillows on the swing - would leave those around all summer! Have a great 4th!
    x Loi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the swing photo....red white & blue with out the "patriot" theme. Something that could last all summer.

    Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the patriotic inspiration, especially in the outdoor scenes. i have that patio picture saved as well. Have a happy 4th with your family dear!


    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY FOURTH MY DEAR! I'm in California right now, and saw that you visited my blog. Enjoy the fun! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh - sorry to hear that the Google Reader change messed things up for you. I wasn't even sure what this change could do for us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Stacey, it is a beautiful post and the colours are just stunning. But of course, the american flag is perfect colour combo...just like the Czech flag...flue red and white ((:
    Happy 4th to you and your family! Hope your hubby is home to celebrate with you...xo Z

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the flag water bottles! I hope you're enjoying the holiday!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Stacy,
    I would love to live in that home. The bedspread is gorgeous and that kitchen is to die for. And how clever is that...Flags on the bottles. Did you have a wonderful Fouth? I did . My brother was down visiting me from Florida. It was wonderful for us. You take care Dear.
    Happy Fourth,
    Marie Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stacey... A very festive group of photos. We were vacationing on the Gulf, but rains prevailed! However, I did add flag banners, bunting, bows and ribbons to both porches... They stood up to the wind and rain... Happy Birthday USA! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Great project. Thank you so much for sharing these thoughts. Asian Paints Nepal is one of the best paints that can deliver an oustanding look to your walls. For some paints and painting ideas Check out here Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).