Wednesday, March 9, 2016

How I Saved on Designing Our Playroom.

I was invited to be a guest speaker at a local library next week and I will be speaking about how to design on a budget and save some money! Well, if you're no stranger to this blog, you know this is my area of expertise! The playroom is one of our most complimented and used spaces in our home, so I thought it would be a great space to show examples of saving on design or designing on a budget. The graphic above is quite straight forward and showcases the thrifted pieces that I gave a bit of diy.


I actually had this bookcase built for my classroom when I used to teach and brought it home when I left the classroom. It has been repurposed in the boy's playroom.

what the space looked like before i painted the chalkboard wall and the rest of the space.  

a night time snap of the room during the process of "chalking/seasoning" the chalkboard wall after giving it a second coat.

What the space looks like after with the chairs and table painted and in place.  I saved lots of money by thrifting furniture pieces and giving them a bit of tlc, painting the room and completing the chalkboard wall myself. Repurposing the bookcase was the best idea too! Design doesn't have to be expensive to be beautiful. xx

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At March 9, 2016 at 4:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful play room. Need to make one for my boys

 
At March 10, 2016 at 7:42 AM , Blogger little luxury list said...

Your playroom has always been one of my favorite rooms too! I love the chalkboard wall and the table (I'm looking for a table and chairs now too!)

xoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

 
At March 11, 2016 at 11:59 AM , Blogger Stacey said...

Thank you Umu!

 
At March 11, 2016 at 12:01 PM , Blogger Stacey said...

Thank you and good luck with the hunt for the table and chairs!

 
At March 15, 2016 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You really did such a beautiful job on this, Stacey, and I am always amazed when I see that chalkboard wall. I would love to have had that when my kids were young. Heck, I would love to have had one when I was young!!! :-)
xo.

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home