Wednesday, July 23, 2014

There’s Something About Blue…

Photo Jul 11, 4 03 39 PM
Sometimes I feel like a traitor when I keep gushing so much over blue. You see, orange is my favourite colour. But, there is just something about blue….
 
Photo Jul 10, 2 41 36 PM
Especially the deep, navy shade that never fails to make me weak in the knees.
 
Photo Jul 18, 3 01 50 PM
So what is it about blue? I had to do some research about its psychology and meaning. Here is what I found from empoweryourselfwithcolorpsychology.com

This color is one of trust, honesty and loyalty. It is sincere, reserved and quiet, and doesn't like to make a fuss or draw attention. It hates confrontation, and likes to do things in its own way.
From a color psychology perspective, blue is reliable and responsible. This color exhibits an inner security and confidence. You can rely on it to take control and do the right thing in difficult times. It has a need for order and direction in its life, including its living and work spaces.
 
Hmmm, we may be onto something here. I know visually(I am a very visual person), I enjoy looking at blue. I’ve rounded up some spaces with splashes of this color in the design. Let’s take a look, shall we?
 
Photo Jul 15, 3 34 10 PM
Photo Jul 11, 4 03 46 PM
Photo Jul 14, 7 23 14 AM
Photo Jul 15, 3 36 05 PM
Photo Jul 15, 3 35 03 PM
Photo Jul 15, 3 33 58 PM
Photo Jul 15, 3 34 21 PM
Photo Jul 22, 7 42 08 AM
Are you besotted with blue too? Do tell! xx
 
{images: my tumblr}

15 comments:

LiveLaughDecorate said...

hehe I'm on team blue as well (though yes, orange is still my main squeeze). I'm using blue in my guest room and am debating painting the bookshelves for my office in navy. decisions, decisions.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

You've got my number, Stacey! Like you and your loyalty to orange, I adore white, gray and neutral wood tones in my home WITH....a splash of aqua. I love aqua and have since childhood, being moved to great emotion over it. From the ocean to swimming pools to BLUE POPSICLES, I am a loyal fan. Any hue really, but aqua and turquoise are my favs!

Robin @ Happily Home, After said...

Luckily for you {and me too cause these are colors I use, a lot} blue plays well with orange. But there is something about blue I can't resist, its definitely my comfort color. Hope you're having a super summer.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Preach! Totally agree.

Constance said...

Hi Stacey,
I am definitely a blue person. for me it is sky blue, robin's egg blue, powder blue, royal blue, ocean blue, all in my accessories:)

Vel Criste said...

Very interesting and of course, very beautiful choices of room highlighting blue Stacey. It's my favorite color. :0-)

Lisa Gordon said...

I love blue, and you have found some really beautiful shades of it here, Stacey!

Happy day to you, my friend. xo.

zanetastyle said...

Just beautiful pics and yes blue and colour in general is important and can't imagine just beige or white in my house, I would be bored(((:
Xo z

The Snowdrop Project said...

Great pics Stacey. Love them all, and am a huge fan of blue.
Hope you have a lovely - but not blue- week,
Liz x

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Totally smitten :)

Mary Jo Matsumoto said...

Oh Stacey, I am blue person too! To my great embarrassment, after painting my house white and picking up some black furniture to transform my home of teal/seafoam greens and wood tones, somehow managed to decorate the whole thing shades of blue, dark and light, with some marine blue thrown in for good measure! I can't seem to stay away from it! Hope your summer is going well and that trip you're taking sound heavenly!

xo Mary Jo

Andrew Joseph PR said...

There is most definitely something about blue... so calming and inviting in any room!

Erika - TiptoeButterfly said...

ya know i do have blue in my house - my dinning-room is blue :o)

thanx for the color psych site - i'm hooked!

Ivy and Elephants said...

I must confess, now I'm feeling a little blue, too!!! Just the hints of it draw your eye and calm your soul. Maybe I need to work a bit of blue into my decor, too.
Hugs,
Patti

Magdalena Pińska said...

very nice picktures :)

http://lamodalena.blogspot.com/