Thursday, August 15, 2013

Fall in August: Layers and Dining Alfresco

2013-08-15 22.00.11
Gisele in H&M Fall 2013 editorial

Today’s weather totally caught me off guard with the cool temps. I had to go rummaging in my closet to find my sweaters(sweaters that I put away gleefully in anticipation of the warm summer). Did you experience this type of weather too? Based on tomorrow’s forecast, it seems as if this cooling trend will continue which means

dining alfresco will be a very pleasant experience; no. bugs.

Some Alfresco Dining Inspiration:

2013-08-15 21.21.43
2013-08-15 21.20.19
2013-08-15 21.19.33
2013-08-15 21.19.59
2013-08-15 21.25.23
2013-08-15 21.07.29
2013-08-15 19.38.17
2013-08-15 19.40.32
2013-08-15 19.36.46
2013-08-15 23.17.55
via the style-files
2013-08-15 23.19.52
via 79ideas

2013-08-15 22.06.11
Hopefully, this weekend, I won’t be needing a long coat like the one that the oh so gorgeous Jennifer Lawrence(featured in Vogue’s September issue) is wearing.  However, I will happily wear that scarf! If you follow me on Instagram(@designaddictmom), then you know that I spend A LOT of time outside with the kiddos, playing, eating drumsticksSmile, grilling etc.


 Thus, I will enjoy my bug free alfresco experience while it lasts. Blessings and have a wonderful weekend everyone! XX

{other images: tumblr, google}

16 comments :

  1. I want to be in the field that looks over the mountains. I like the bug free part, but bring back summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun during your bug free al fresco weekend! I'm sure it will be great dear!


    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, beautiful! We have finally enclosed our deck (early June) so we could enjoy al fresco dining. And we did. When it was warm! We have had an unusually cool summer, and I too have had to whip out the sweatpants!!! But nothing beats eating out, and especially with those you love. I LOVE THAT FIRST IMAGE, as well as the others. LOVE TO YOU ALL! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, the weather chilled here also, but after weeks and weeks of heat, I say: welcome coolness!!
    I am not prepared with autumn clothes, though!!

    xo
    Ozana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to dine outside too! Hollie {www.thepinkzipper.blogspot.ca}

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're so enjoying the cooler evenings and bug free dining! Rumor has it we'll have summer temps back in no time. Love your alfresco mood and you're inspiring us to grab a cocktail outside tonight...
    xxoo
    C + C

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much prettiness here today! Loving all the layers and alfresco dinning;) How goes Gisele get her hair to look like that? Kinda carefree, natural and tossed perfectly. If I tried to do this I'd be frizzy;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I meant how DOES .. not how goes! I think I was think how HER hair goes vis how MY hair goes..........

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous images! Is there anything better than al fresco dining (without bugs)! I know what you mean about the weather--it's been cold here at night these past few evenings. Hope you have a lovely weekend!
    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, these photographs are beautiful, Stacey!
    The weather is changing quickly here. Really, really chilly nights and mornings. Not sure I'm ready for the change!

    I wish you a wonderful weekend! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos :)
    Have a great Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for helping inspire me to finally redo our backyard space. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Stacey, Thanks so much for stopping by and for your encouraging words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great style deco!!

    http://www.facebook.com/AmandaChicFashionRoomLounge?ref=hl
    twitter & instagram : @fashionrlounge
    Fashion room lounge

    A chic kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. these spaces are magical...take me to any one! i love that shot of JLaw in Vogue too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are still dining Al Mosquito here.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).