Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Powder Room Sneak Peek and a Mirror Dilemna...

IMG_1697
IMG_1701
Ok, everyone, here is a little peek into the world’s smallest powder room! Mine, but I love it! I was trying to locate a before picture(prior to the wallpaper going up), but was unable to find one. Nonetheless, it was a boring beige space and was screaming out for something delightful… I purchased this Seabrook wallpaper from a local design store. Though I am not a floral person, the colours and the mod vibe that this wallpaper exude really appeal to me.  I pulled out my paint brushes and rollers over this Labor Day weekend and painted the ceiling and that little hallway that leads to the powder room. I matched the green in the wallpaper and I think it brightens up the hallway beautifully.  There is no natural light in that area of the house so a pop was needed. The paint colour is Benjamin Moore Jive Clive #7766.

IMG_1682
a before pic of the hallway

IMG_1683
IMG_1702
The makeover is still in progress as I would love to accessorize the space starting by replacing this builder’s basic mirror. However, the space is so small that it has proven quite difficult to find a mirror small enough to fit this space. I wanted something with a little bit of a wow factor, but I am still uncertain about what finish the frame should be? All the pieces in the powder room have a nickel  finish, but the light fixture above does have some brown in it. So, would a mirror with a gold frame be too contrasting OR should I stay in the nickel family? What about a mirror with a white frame?

IMG_1706
a close up of the light though the pic is leaning…

IMG_1712
I never paid much attention to pocket doors until we built this house. I LOVE them! It’s the perfect solution for this teeny tiny spaceSmile

IMG_1689
I am waiting on your feedback regarding the mirror before I make a purchase AND what do you all think of the wallpaper? Happy Tuesday everyone and welcome to September and the cool breeze that it should bring . XX

P.S. Thank you all again for your anniversary wishes and yes, I purchased the Nikon camera. Yippee! I am still learning how to use it, so I didn't use it to take these pictures. However, it will make its debut very soon...

16 comments :

  1. I kind of think white would look good for the mirror. I love the wallpaper.. and I can't believe you took on a painting job with two little ones in the house. super mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Stacey! I think you should go for a mirror with a white frame to tie in with the basin! :) Cheers from London. Will

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think a white frame would be great! or a colored one to match the wallpaper? or maybe that would be too much? idk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could be wrong here....but living in small spaces all my life, I have found that adding a LARGE PIECE of interest actually makes the room appear larger. Instead of continuing the feeling of SMALL, go for a BOLD and larger mirror here. My studio has a marble mantel. It is a small but lovely room, and I used to have a small mirror above the mantel. Even my husband said that the mirror was keeping too much focus on how small the room is. SO......that gave me the freedom to go OUT and find a larger mirror. I found a fabulous gold antique mirror that is much larger, hung it over the mantel and wouldn't you know, this room has a much more REGAL, LARGER FEELING?

    Go for your style, but BIGGER. See how that speaks to you dear! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stacy, wow, your powder room looks fabulous - SO funky and bold! I would go for a large mirror as Anita suggests with a white frame - however, I'm not adverse to the idea of a gold frame in that gorgeous room - the bolder the better.
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wallpaper is gorgeous! A white or nickel mirror would be great!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  7. glossy white frame would be perfect for the mirror!!! LOVING the wallpaper my dear, GREAT JOB!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving it. I knew it would be fabulous. I think a white framed mirror would be perfect in your bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOOOOOVE that wallpaper!! Every time I see something so bold and wonderful I wonder why I haven't done it myself. Fab!!!

    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the wallpaper, love the citrus bright green - what a happy place you have created. How about a mirror frame in the same, or even a darker tone green, to pull them both together?

    But I don't think you actually need any advice, you are obviously doing just fine using your own instincts and flair for colour. Just trust your gut feel. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the wallpaper and the paint on the ceiling. I think those provide the wow factor so a mirror with a glossy white frame would be perfect. It's looking good~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Stacey,
    Great wallpaper in your 'loo' as we say in London.
    I think maybe white framed mirror and as big as you like. I'm sure everything you choose will be fab.
    Hope you have a lovely week,
    Lizx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think a mirror/white frame would suit this area best, since there's so much colour. Mirrors usually help in a big way. Good luck! Thanks for sharing your space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Love, I agree with Anita of Castles, Crowns and Cottages, go big.
    Sending kisses to the kids and belated anniversary.


    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty choice of wall paper!
    You're giving me ideas about my bathroom!
    Thank you!
     
    oxo,
     
    ML
    TWENTY YORK STREET
    Follow @20YS on Twitter : @20YS
    Follow @20YS on Facebook: TWENTY YORK STREET
    Recent post: http://www.twentyyork.com/2012/09/i-blog-you-vlog.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty choice of wall paper!
    You're giving me ideas about my bathroom!
    Thank you!
     
    oxo,
     
    ML
    TWENTY YORK STREET
    Follow @20YS on Twitter : @20YS
    Follow @20YS on Facebook: TWENTY YORK STREET
    Recent post: http://www.twentyyork.com/2012/09/i-blog-you-vlog.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).