Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I'm Camera Shopping: Nikon D3200?


I have been taking photographs with my Andriod phone of late because my camera broke. Truthfully, I wasn’t too saddened by it because I was giving serious consideration to upgrading to a better camera. I have a couple projects that I completed and wanted to share with you all, BUT, I really didn’t want to use my phone to take those pictures.  The first one is the powder room make over and that deserves to be photographed with a wonderful camera.

CocoC
This is how I feel about the way my pics should look before they show themselves here on the blogSmile.  In addition, great photographs make for a better blogging experience.


Now, it seems as if the powers that be whispered my innermost thoughts into the hubby’s ears because yesterday he called me and asked what I wanted for our anniversary(coming up soon). He said he thought I might like a new camera… Ok, everyone, he didn’t even know that the other camera was broken so him suggesting a new camera is nothing short of divine intervention ( you may think I’m being a bit melodramatic). However, when he stated the camera that he was looking at, I knew for sure that it was divine intervention; the Nikon D3200.  That’s exactly the camera that I was obsessing over and researching online. Does anyone own this camera? If so, is it a great buy? I’m also open to hearing about other Nikons. I had a Canon and wanted to experience a Nikon camera and I’m really loving what the google reviews show about the Nikon D3200. XX

(images: google}

13 comments :

  1. What a great anniversary gift this will be! I upgraded to a Canon Rebel last winter and I am amazed at how much I enjoy taking pictures now and the quality of the photos. I haven't heard anything about the Nikon but I'm sure it's a great camera if you have done your research. Good luck with choosing!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey,

    The Nikon D5100 was my christmas gift this year. I always had a "point and shoot" camera before this and have transitioned to this camera easily. I'm a novice photographer who does want to grow in this craft and feel this camera could be my "it" camera for a very long time. I love this camera and it is the same body and controls as the D3200 you are considering. All pics posted on my blog since Jan. have been with this camera. If you have any specific question just let me know. I'm thrilled for you that divine intervention is sending a camera your way, and happy anniversary in advance :)

    Robin @ happilyhomeafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous Husband you have! How exciting to be getting a new camera - I will read your responses here with particular interest, as I'm wanting to invest in a 'serious' camera upgrade as well. I haven't a clue where to start, so it will be interesting.
    best wishes,
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though photography does fall into my area of expertise, I'm afraid I can't help you with this one - I'm a Canon girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! I have my heart set on a Sony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary from me too. I have a Nikon D5000 that my family bought together for my 40th a few years ago. I've never looked back. I adore it. It feels like it's apart of me now. I'd always had a Canon point and shoot but I love my Nikon. I think it comes down to personal preference in the end. I just liked the way the Nikon felt. Go get it!! Pru

    ReplyDelete
  7. That will be a great Anniversary gift aside from having your man home. I have a Canon so I can't help you out and the Canon was a stretch out of my norm.

    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love a camera like that! HAVE FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First and foremost...WHAT A GUY!! An absolute sweetheart for sure.

    I do not have the 3200, but I have used it, and it's a great camera. Now, I am a bit biased, because I am a Nikon gal, but if I'd used it and did not like, I would surely tell you so.

    I'm excited for you!!

    xo.

    P.S. For more reviews on it from B&H (love them): http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/856049-REG/Nikon_25492_D3200_DSLR_Camera_With.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning, Stacy!

    How are you? What a fast paced summer this has been! I have been using my COOLPIX camera for a while now and I still can't take a decent picture! I hope that whatever you choose will bring you the results you desire!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic gift! My brother just invested in a Nikon too, but maybe an older model D-something something?!

    I agree with you when you say brilliant pictures make for a better blogging experience... Hmmm, I ought to take more photos, I've not done much of that in a while...or switch to manual setting.
    Have a lovely weekend!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love my Nikon. It's a D5000, but I think my little sister has the 3200, and there aren't a whole lot of differences. In my opinion it all in the lenses! I think you'll be super impressed with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Impressive blog,
    Really, I appreciate this post. I read this blog. It is very nice and useful.
    Nikon D3200

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).