Friday, May 1, 2015

Tips for An Inexpensive and Lovely Outdoor Mother's Day Brunch.

How are you celebrating Mother's Day? I will undoubtedly be spending time with the boys and since the weather has been so splendid, it will probably be spent outdoors. Here is a wonderful and inexpensive way to have a light brunch and some outdoor fun with things you might already have in your home.


For this picnic brunch, I grabbed a few of their favorite books, toys, beverage, apples,  blankets, pillows, lanterns, and made our little tent like creation using curtains and a sheet. These are all items I already owned. The blankets were thrift store finds.


A crate came in handy to use as a place for our refreshments. 

they loved being a part of our picnic brunch!

yummy apple!



The lanterns were from Oriental Trading Co., but the Dollar Store is also a great place to check for lanterns that are affordable




The oil lamp has citronella oil in it for those pesky mosquitos in case they surfaced.


Later in the evening. The set up was so beautiful against the evening sky. Happy weekend everyone! xx

10 comments :

  1. Stacey what an adorable setting and your boys are just too cute, I have enjoyed watching them grow up so quickly!! Come and enter my giveaway if you can!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Giveaway from The Enchanted Home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only you can come up with something so cool and fabulous in a jiff dear! Advacne happy mothers day to you! The boys are adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only you can come up with something so cool and fabulous in a jiff dear! Advacne happy mothers day to you! The boys are adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacey! This is SO adorable.. and your boys are so darn cute. I miss my kids being that age! What a fun setting you've created. I like those lanterns from the Oriental Trading Co. I used to get their catalog and I'm not sure what I no longer receive it. Anyway, I need to get some of those lanterns for the summer. They are so fun and colorful! Enjoy your Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute pics!
    How lovely!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robin {an old blog friend}May 1, 2015 at 1:19 PM

    Stacey,

    Your boys sure have grown and as always, looked so loved and happy. Super fun and cute decor idea for a fete! Wishes for a happy mother's day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly awesome idea friend!! The colors are so beautiful, and those boys are just too cute:)

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute!! Love that simply adorable idea for the children to be involved with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the picnic area you created. Looks like your boys really enjoyed the space too. Such fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is simply stunning Stacey! i love the rich salmon shades and natural backdrop!

    xoxo,
    little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).