Friday, May 15, 2015

Repurpose or Recycle: DIY

painting old furniture diy
With a little elbow grease, sander, and some paint, a piece of old furniture can be given new life. 

painting old furniture diy before
This is what the piece I thrifted looked like before. After lightly sanding, I painted and sealed it.

painting old furniture diy
I originally shared this diy here. You can read it there to get all the details.

one more pic of this beauty

diy before
Just because a piece looks like this doesn't mean 

painting old furniture diy
it can't become this! I gave this one a heavy sanding, primed and painted, added some legs and voila! It's reborn! I hope you've been inspired for your next diy. Have a lovely weekend everyone! xx

6 comments :

  1. These look great, Stacey! I love to see old furniture given new life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great, Stacey! I love to see old furniture given new life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Stacey! With just a little imagination and some work, even dated and tired pieces can become fresh and stylish. I love repurposing and recycling - friendly on the environment and my budget :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The transformations are amazing. Love that green!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did such a superb job (oh and love the colors!) I wish I could find some great pieces to repaint and redo!

    xoxo,
    little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).