Thursday, May 9, 2013

Inspired by The Great Gatsby.


The Great Gatsby has been rolling off almost everyone’s tongues. We’re besotted with the era that embraced elegance, glamour, over the top style( fashion and interiors alike). Interiors echoed the art deco style where chrome and lacquer were a must. Of course, there would be no The Great Gatsby without lots of bling! Here are some images that are inspired by The Great Gatsby. Enjoy…





chrome bathroom vanities are a must



headdresses, hats, pretty accessories,  and gorgeous dresses were the ladies’ best friends


love this wedding dress and scene inspired by the Great Gatsby

dogs need bling too; love it!



A public restroom that oozes Great Gatsby flair. I am in love with the colourful bathroom vanities!

Loving the mix of Victorian and art deco

Have you read the book yet? I hope to see the film soon and might even dress the part. I think it’s only fitting, don’t you? Happy Thursday everyone! XX

{images: tumblr, google, pinterest, japanesetrash, kiwi.com, delightfulfindsandme}

15 comments :

  1. I'm just loving all of this! While my own place leans towards clean mid-century modern, I've always had a soft spot for blinged-out Art Deco style. And that frenchie photo is just too much! I'm hoping to see the movie this weekend. I can't wait any longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the style and decor of the era! I can't wait to see the movie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! love the quote too. hugs to you, Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this post. i'm so excited for the movie and i'm all about the gatsby buzz around the net these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, GLORY BE....

    I'm like Woody Allen's character in, MIDNIGHT IN PARIS. This would have been MY era to return to in order to savor the excitement of the day, the fashions and the architecture that was developing at this time in my hometown of L.A. - and in Hollywood!

    Thank you gorgeous Stacey for visiting and I am putting your name in the draw for Vicki's fabulous book! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first living room has me swooning - I'm currently planning a black, gold, cream living room and this is the PERFECT inspiration!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  7. even though I'm (in true minimalist form) drawn to clean lines, I secretly covet thick, lush, cozy spaces like these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all of this especially the open plan living room/kitchen, stunning! Hope you and your family have a fab weekend!
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all those interiors, and the quote too :)
    Hope everything is going fine and have a nice weekend!
    By the way, I haven't watched the film yet, but it's on my waiting list ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked
    submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm
    not writing all that over again. Anyhow, just wanted to
    say excellent blog!

    my homepage; acoustic guitar chords for beginners

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post! Love the wedding dress too ... and all the decor inspirations.

    ∞ © tanvii.com ∞

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the fabulous post.
    I've read the book
    and I am definitely going to watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post because it is very very interesting.Thanks you very much for shearing this article

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is all super delicious! I'm loving the brass feet on the black velvet sofa in the first image!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my god that first living room is to DIE for! My style is 100% modern glamour and I simply love deep contrasts, clean lines, elegant decor and black and gold accents. Wonderful!! Will keep this photo for when I purchase my own home. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).