Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Keeping a Clean Kitchen.

Tips for keeping a clean kitchen.
Keeping a clean kitchen can be a pain in the buttocks! I feel like I am always cleaning my kitchen. How about you?  If I’m home, most of my time is spent in the kitchen either prepping a meal, fixing a snack for Z, cooking, sorting my mail( I sort my mail at our kitchen bar/counter), and other random activities.

Tips for Keeping a Clean Kitchen.
Since I complete so many tasks in my kitchen, I find that I’m always “cleaning up”. The kitchen is the heart of the home, but I really do hate all the time I have to devote to its constant cleaning. Anyway , I was thrilled to  recently find a feature in one of favourite mags; Realsimple on how to speed clean your kitchen.

Tips for Keeping a Clean Kitchen.
When I saw the title,  Speed clean, I thought-that’s my type of language!  So here is a snapshot from the feature:

Every Day
Wipe down the sink after doing the dishes or loading the dishwasher (30 seconds).
Wipe down the stove top (one minute).
Wipe down the counters (one minute).
Sweep, Swiffer, or vacuum the floor (two minutes).

Every Week
Mop the floor (five minutes).
Wipe the cabinets, backsplashes, and appliances (10 minutes).
Wash the dish rack (four minutes).
Wipe the switch plates and phone (one minute).
Wipe the inside of the garbage can (one minute).

Every Season
Empty and scrub down the inside of the refrigerator (30 minutes).
Empty and clean the insides of the utensil drawers (15 minutes).
Scrub down the cupboard exteriors (30 minutes).
Clean the stove-hood filter (10 minutes).

Beat the Clock
In the time it takes to brew a pot of coffee, you can get through your "every day" list(above).

Be Prepared
Keep extra garbage bags (or a whole roll) at the bottom of your trash can( I already do this and it really makes life easier) and never again have to retrieve an apple core from a bagless bin.

Let It Shine
Streak-free stainless-steel surfaces are the Holy Grail of kitchen cleaning. Caldrea's olive oil–based Stainless Steel Spray promises to reduce fingerprints. (Available in five scents, including green tea and lavender pine, $11 for 11.8 ounces)

Industrial kitchen
Great tips, don’t you think? I just gave you a snippet of the feature. You can read it in its entirety here.

Here are some more clean and beautiful kitchens to inspire youSmile

Tips for Keeping a Clean Kitchen.
Bright Scandinavian kitchen.
Tips for Keeping a Clean Kitchen.
Rustic Kitchen with Plate Gallery Wall
Tips for Keeping a Clean Kitchen.
Tips for Keeping a Clean Kitchen.
Hopefully these tips were as useful to you as they were to me. Happy Tuesday everyone! XX

{images: via via, via, via}

39 comments :

  1. Island girls are always cleaning. lol. Especially the kitchen. Excellent tips. Am so drawn to that first kitchen. Now off to clean my Kitchen;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful kitchens !!....love from me...xxx...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey, I love all these images and then some.....
    ....you are right about the kitchen...... I end up cleaning the kitchen so many times a day I find I am actually cleaning the kitchen just so I have a clean surface to start making a new mess....;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, and don't you often feel like it's déjà vu when cleaning the kitchen? Like "I'm sure I did this yesterday..and the day before...and the day before that!" Haha!

    Good tips though. What we really need are self-cleaning kitchens, or perhaps children who clean. Now there's a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cleaning one of those kitchens would be a pleasure:-))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning dearest!

    Those tips are really great and I am copying and pasting them. I do them, but I LOVE a list that organizes into specifics and that's what is here. THAT FIRST KITCHEN with the white and splashes of turquoise....oh yeaH!!!

    I also think that is a good idea about the trash bags. I am trying that TODAY!

    Happy Tuesday dearest, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this and I so need that schedule- especially when I have my new kitchen to keep in order:) Also, adore the 2nd and 3rd to last kitchens- gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kitchen nr. 6 is a DREAM!

    Hugs,
    Signe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips and beautiful kitchens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific tutorial...I will be sure to pass along the name of the stainless steel applicance cleaner to my sis who is forever at war getting those suckers clean and streak free! Love the idea of keeping the extra garbage bags at the bottom of the pail...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are really gorgeous kitchens...

    Oh I'd be happy to have any of those.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally inspiring post, darling!
    Love these kitchens and your tips!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post, Stacey! I'm going to print it out and cut out the cleaning tips part :) I'm constantly in the kitchen too and while I try to clean it everyday, I always feel like it's never enough. Your list is perfect :) And I'm off to try and find Caldrea's now! I've been so disappointed by stainless steel products that I've been using a mild soap and hot water to clean them. Hopefully Caldrea's will be the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are wonderful tips, Stacey! It really doesn't take long to spiff up your kitchen if you break it down into steps. I enjoyed all of the pictures, too! Great post.

    Hope you are feeling well!

    Xo,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite room in any home ... (not any ... just clean homes! :P)

    ♡ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. if only my husband would do these rights, right? haha i love the kitchen with the big C and the "go K" that's totally my style

    ReplyDelete
  17. My kitchen stays pretty good EXCEPT I keep dropping the mail on the counter and never find time to go through it. Then I start the sorting, making piles for shred, pay etc., and don't finish. It's like the post office in there.
    That 4th kitchen photo makes my heart skip a beat. I think I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm definitely saving this. When they say it like that it sounds so manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What gorgeous kitchens! I honestly dont' spend that much time in mine especially during the summer. I've hardly cooked in ages! If I had a kitchen like one of these I'd be sure to spend more time in it. Come to think of it we do have a nice large kitchen at the beach house and I've been spending quite a lot of time in there... :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Was just at my kitchen cleaning before heading over here! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am getting some serious kitchen envy from these pics! Great choices.

    I am neat by nature, but my small kitchen makes everything feel SO cluttered.

    ReplyDelete
  22. If one of those was my kitchen I'd clean it everyday!! Kidding. Mopping my floor does take more than 5 minutes I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yep, always cleaning up the kitchen...but so much nicer in a fabulous space. These picks are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  24. goodness these kitchens are fabulous! i spend a lot of time cleaning my kitchen too since my husband does most of the cooking. great design ideas here~!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good morning Stacy!

    So good to see your comments this morning!

    Enjoy this waning part of summer; I go back on August 25 and it is only 5 days away...AHHHH!

    Enjoy, ENJOY, ENJOY!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi sweet Stacey, I loved your post! The speed clean is great! I'm so glad to be back blogging again. I've missed it! Have a lovely day!

    Kristin xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. lovely kitchens. i like 'the shine' tip. that is a new one i never heard of, so thank you, stacey! such inspiration to be found at design addict mom! always a pleasure! xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love all these kitchens! turquoise cabinets really capture my attention! Great cleaning tips.
    I am your newest follower.
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  29. Do you know how badly I want that first kitchen?? lol

    I'll bet yours is divine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Terrific post - I love all these quick tips to keep a tidy kitchen. I have found that if the counters and sink are clean, that's half the battle! What is missing in this list is the time consuming daily vacuuming or sweeping involved in mine to get up all the dog hair!! And the retraining of the older children to clean up after the midnight snacks!! Love all your kitchen picks as well!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love that clean list--totally true. Now if I could just stick to implementing it. And if only the kitchen fairies would drop off one of these dreamy kitchens!

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm doing the bag in the bin thing! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  33. i love kitchens but somehow the dirty dishes seems to multiply all the time... ha!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Stacey, thanks for the comment you left!It's nice to get to know your beautiful blog! Are you expecting a boy or girl? (or you don't want to know?). For me it's the second boy and I am very excited. Best wishes to you and good luck for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  35. love love all of them, Stacey! love the shine tip too. bg hugs

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great tips thanks for sharing. You have picked some gorgeous kitchen images

    ReplyDelete
  37. These interior desighs are inspiring,I am considering about having a wall of hangng bowls about stories,great
    romwe streetfashion

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).