Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Amazing Graffiti Artist+ Award Nod.


David Walker is a very talented graffiti artist. One would never know that he only started to hone this craft three years ago. He also doesn’t incorporate the use of brushes!  David says that,“People are normally quite surprised the work is made from spray paint and I think many are also surprised they actually like the work when its outside on a wall; suddenly they have connected with a scene that they previously had no time for at all.” 

I would love for him to do a portrait of Baby Z! It would be Amazing!

Ok, let’s talk about the award before I get carried away with David’s work.  I was recently awarded the blogger with style award from some great ladies;DesignChic, A Dose of Pretty, Life Among Mountains, and Live.Like.You.  What an honor! This prestigious award involves me telling you 7 things about myself that you might not already know, BUT since you know so much about me already, let’s go for 4 things insteadSmile.
  • I have only brothers
  • I am a first born
  • I am really terrible at finding places(directions) Thank God for the GPS!
  • I once burned down a tree accidentally when I lived in Italy. The hubby was away and I was a bit over zealous in my Christmas decoration. There was a pine tree in the front yard(perfect for decorating) and i  lacking in my electrical knowledge adorned it with a gazillion number of lights without ensuring that I didn’t plug too many lights together. Anyway, that was the day I learned the word bruciato (burnt in Italian) from my Italian neighbors and friends.  I was notoriously known on Via de Gasperie(the street where I lived) as the girl who burnt down the tree.
I should be passing the awards on to other bloggers, but you’ve all made that task difficult since you’re all so stylish! I mean it! Therefore, I pass this award on to each of you. You all deserve it! Thank you again, DesignChic, A Dose of Pretty, Life Among Mountains, and Live.Like.You!

Some more of David’s “awesomeness”:


This is not traditional art, but I think that is what appeals to me and his portraits are so soulful! I can envision a big piece of his work  on canvas hanging beautifully in the new house. What do you think(your cup of tea or not)? Happy Wednesday everyone! XX

40 comments :

  1. OMG his work is incredible...I love creative people like this! Thanks sweetie for introducing him to us:)
    Also congrats on your award...Well done!
    Hugs and kisses

    Ps: I am hosting a beautiful Garnish party supplies GIVEAWAY today :) ...Just in time for Valentine’s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this. All I would need is one of these in a space and it would set it off.

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this kind of artwork! Little unexpected and intriguing in its street-style but very well done in its artistic manner. Congratulations on your awards, you deserved them all! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've liked the look of graffiti for years, ever since I lived in STL for uni. Though I do not agree with or enjoy a lot of the sentiment in the average street art, I like the aesthetic of it. And, sometimes, there are artists out there with a lot of skill telling beautiful stories with their work instead of putting others down or being crass and disrespectful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORE his very creative work - really fabulous! And congratulations on your well deserved award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stacey! I am such a huge fan of art anyway, so I can totally get into this guys work. The fact that it is with spray paint is most impressive!! You list is short, sweet and I got a laugh out of the language lesson. What a way to learn :) You are very deserving of a stylish award. Personality is not something everyone can convey so effortlessly and you do it well XOXO Kel

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! I absolutely love it! Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  8. david walker's art is my cup of tea...and so are you! congratulations, stacey, you are so deserving. happy day! thank you for the intro to david walker...i really enjoyed the post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How creative- that's amazing art. And I think even if it wasn't someone's taste, the art would have to be appreciated for its creativity and use of materials!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that’s amazing!!!!! LOVE IT! thanks so much so sharing! ^^

    xoxo hitomineko xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Stacey I just love his work!!! How fabulous! Thanks for sharing it. And congrats on your well deserved award, honey xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an artist. Love what I see!!! Congrats on the Award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - hes so talented! Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  14. While not my typical cup of tea....I would love to have one of these graphic, soulful pieces in my home. Love mixing things up and this would help! He's a true talent!!!

    xo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, David's work is amazing, love the subtle contrast and all the color. Congrats on the award and too funny about the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, his work is stunning. I totally agree that it would be fabulous to have your child or baby's image done by him. How unique would that be!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH yes, my cup of tea and lots of other peoples too, by the comments! What a talent. And I happen to love street art ~ not the self-indulgent signature kind ~ but the ones that provide a moment of reflection and thought for passers by.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yes his talent is so evident. Would be great to have your son's image done by him

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow goregous...I truly adore all the color. Definitely soulful and for sure my cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Truly amazing artwork. Hard to imagine a brush not being involved!!
    I love your 4 "things," and can totally understand the directions "issue." I can even have a difficult time with a GPS unit in the car!! Sad, but true!

    ReplyDelete
  21. His work is awesome! I love it. I have 3 Gino Hollander pieces (have you ever heard of him?). Their work is similar except Gino is all black and white. I love art. My husband has the bug worse than I do which makes me a very lucky girl. I'll have to show him this!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cool! Living in LA I see a lot of graffiti, well how about right down the block! And there are some talented peoples sprayin cans out there! Just leave the palm trees alone people! lol. xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love his work...such statement pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful work and very soulful! Congrats on the awards dear!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am pretty sure I have seen his work (while searching graffiti art-which I do a lot!) but I never knew who is was by- he has a unique yet recognizable style with the tilt and the lips of his ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Bruciato - that is a fun story, probably not at the time. And the art is amazing! It will look great in your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow spray paint? So amazing!

    Luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's remarkable, the detail he achieves with spray paint. I'd happily reserve a wall in my new house for him. His work is tremendous.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh yes! And BRAVA on the Blogger with Style award! You are truly a blogger with great style. This is a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous art work!! What talent! I especially like the first photo...but they are all...really really special!
    Blessings!
    Ann
    PS Nice learning some fun things about you too! I have only brothers too... That poor Christmas tree! Oh well, bet that is something you will never do again! Oh but I would have loved to see your expression (since nothing bad happened)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. This artist has opened my eyes to real graffiti art.

    ReplyDelete
  32. amazing!!!
    your blog is special!!!!congrats!!!


    xx Marina

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi girl...
    I love his work:)
    Would it be oki if I post it on my blogg as well...as part of my monthly favorites from around the world...

    My new posting series:)

    His work is truly amazing:)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  34. IMPRESIONANTE!!!! este chico es un genio!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations on the award! Well deserved! x

    Loved reading your list of seven things.
    Can imagine the 'tree incident' in Italy is a vivid memory.. Disastro!!.. in the funniest way possible! :)

    The graffiti art is amazing. Love the edge and would love a large piece done on plywood for my dining room wall! One day.

    x Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow, this graffiti art is absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing! Thanks for stopping by my site as well. ;-)

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    “Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
    www.GoodwillHuntingg.com
    Women’s Fashion Examiner-Cleveland

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).