Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Running Errands related to the New House.

IMG_8663
Yesterday, we were holed up at the lighting store(the merchant used by the builder for the lighting) for quite awhile attempting to choose lighting for the house and staying within the budget. We are allotted $2500 as our building allowance and with my taste, it was a challenge choosing light fixtures that I love while acknowledging the budget. I was determined not to go over budget, as lighting can be changed in the future. However, it was impossible to do so. We were still over budget at the end…

IMG_8667
Baby Z was having a ball in the store; opening and closing cupboards, touching the fixtures, and using the store as his running playground. I think the store clerks were relieved when we finally left.

IMG_8664
Today, I’m off to the Tile merchant. How is everyone? I hope your week is progressing beautifully and that it has been a productive one so far!  I will be catching up with you all as soon as I am home long enough to do soSmile.  Have a wonderful day my lovely friends. XX

Labels: ,

31 Comments:

At January 18, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Blogger jeanette from everton terrace said...

Can't wait to see what you picked out!

 
At January 18, 2011 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Rashon Carraway said...

Certainly some great choices there and cant wait to see what you choose.

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

 
At January 18, 2011 at 10:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

So fun- I would think I'd died adn gone to heaven if I got to decorate and pick stuff out for an entire house! Can't wait to see what you decided on- I'm sure it's all fabulous!

 
At January 18, 2011 at 10:31 AM , Blogger quintessence said...

I always found lighting difficult - the nice fixtures are always indeed so expensive. I'm sure you'll find something fabulous - can't wait to see. Baby Z is so adorable!!

 
At January 18, 2011 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Diana Mieczan said...

I always have such a hard time choosing lights...I bet you got some amazing pieces...Your little guy is so adorable:) Kisses, sweetie

 
At January 18, 2011 at 11:56 AM , Blogger a little black cloud in a dress said...

why does Baby Z look SO grown?!

 
At January 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM , Blogger kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

he is so darn cute!

we spent far too much on lighting. and i don't even like what we picked now. what was i thinking?? i suspect we had far fewer options that what you were faced with, so i'm sure you've found something lovely. :)

 
At January 18, 2011 at 12:08 PM , Blogger Acquired Objects said...

Baby Z is so cute puttering about that store! I know how you feel about your lighting budget, the first chandelier I picked out for our carriage barn was more then $2500, the husband said NO! It isn't fair is it? But I managed to get really inexpensive fixtures that look great for my kitchen and then used the rest of that money for our barn but it still wasn't enough!

 
At January 18, 2011 at 12:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how cute is he? I remember how hard it was to shop when the kids were little. I went way over budget on our lighting but I figure it saved me from having to upgrade in a year or two. xo

 
At January 18, 2011 at 12:33 PM , Blogger Blondie's Journal said...

My head would be spinning with all of the choices!! I am looking forward to seeing what you chose. Baby Z is a handsome fellow!

XO,
Jane

 
At January 18, 2011 at 1:27 PM , Anonymous cabbage rose said...

baby z...so adorable! can't wait to see your choices. how are you doing it all? sounds as if you are having fun...happy designing!

 
At January 18, 2011 at 1:53 PM , Anonymous Splendid Willow said...

How fun! Can't wait to see what you chose.

And with adorable Baby Z there, they should have given you a good discount!

ox, Mon

 
At January 18, 2011 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

How fun! I am sure it's hard staying within budget. I can't wait to see what you selected.

 
At January 18, 2011 at 2:13 PM , Blogger OneCraftyFox said...

Baby Z is adorbs and such a snazzy dresser!!

 
At January 18, 2011 at 2:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im sure you picked out some gorgeous lighting!

 
At January 18, 2011 at 3:23 PM , Anonymous Cynthia said...

It can be overwhelming (but fun!) to select everything. At least you have an adorable assitant that is up to the task: Baby Z.

 
At January 18, 2011 at 3:24 PM , Anonymous Cynthia at InteriorDesignHound said...

It can be overwhelming (but fun!) to select everything. At least you have an adorable assitant that is up to the task: Baby Z.

 
At January 18, 2011 at 3:25 PM , Blogger LiveLikeYou said...

How cute is Baby Z? he's into those lamps. Can't wait to see what you select!

 
At January 18, 2011 at 3:52 PM , Blogger paislea said...

aweeeee! i love baby z!!

allister bee blog

 
At January 18, 2011 at 6:41 PM , Blogger stylenuggets said...

Staying within a budget is hard but you had cute company to help you!

 
At January 18, 2011 at 6:49 PM , Blogger LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Z is so adorable, Stacey!
You're right, lighting can be changed anytime we want! Please enjoy the process~ should be a fun & creative time for you, yes?!

xo*

 
At January 18, 2011 at 7:41 PM , Blogger Lisa Gordon said...

When I had to choose lighting for the house, it was agonizing! Spent so many hours looking upward at hanging lights, that my neck was killing me by the time it was over!
Baby Z is getting big!!!
He is such a cutie!

 
At January 18, 2011 at 8:02 PM , Blogger bravegrrl said...

love the mirror in the first photo! xo

 
At January 18, 2011 at 9:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Z looks like such a great shopping companion!xx

 
At January 18, 2011 at 9:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Lighting can completely make a space. One of my favorite things to shop for! Always fun to have a little helper along, too! :)

 
At January 19, 2011 at 12:11 AM , Blogger this free bird said...

I hope you got every single thing in the first picture...I'm a big help.

Z is growing up FAST!

xo,
C

 
At January 19, 2011 at 1:09 AM , Blogger S and O said...

Whose that cute little weight lifter? haha ;) Your baby boy is growing so fast...
Wow good luck with your ventures and have fun! I love shopping for items for the house :)
xoxo
Olivia

 
At January 19, 2011 at 5:25 AM , Blogger Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING STACY! Oh dear, the little man is learning early to go shopping!! HE IS SO DARLING! And I certainly know how keeping within budget can be a challenge! BUT ISN'T IT FUN TO SHOP!!!!!! Oh, you must be so tickled, as myself. We are ALMOST DONE with our two rooms, and the last thing to get is our crystal chandelier. HAVE A BLAST! Anita

 
At January 19, 2011 at 8:25 AM , Blogger STYLE'N said...

Oh your little man is too cute. Does he like shopping? Hope the tile shopping goes well!

 
At January 19, 2011 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Linn said...

Hi
What a cute boy you have:)

Bye

 
At January 19, 2011 at 7:55 PM , Blogger Allison {Live Love Small} said...

how cute is baby z!

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home