Thursday, August 19, 2010

Exhausted + Award.

restingbaby As i type this, i am  not sure how i’m doing it. Last night was a very rough night. Baby Z is teething and his gum is severely swollen and inflamed, so he spent most of the night into the wee hours of the morning fussing. The thunderstorm that we had also added to the havoc. Let’s just say that i’m a walking zombie right now. It’s amazing how one’s body can summon up some type of super human powers to cope with a stressful situation.  Zion is finally sleeping and i’m hoping that tonight, i can catch up on some much needed pillow time.
 
spaceforins
Ok, now for the fun stuff! I want to talk about Charlotta of Space for Inspiration and what she means to me for a minute. I actually found her via my tumblr blog and i was in awe of her beautiful images, and her movie production like posts; so much so that i just kept going through post after post after post(this was my first visit to her blog). I became an immediate follower. I’m not sure how i caught her eye. It might have been my stalk-like behavior or my wordy comments:-). However, she popped over here and apparently liked what she saw and  became a follower. I think she was probably my fourth or so follower. It was a big deal to have her following my blog, because you know, that’s Charlotta Ward! She wasn’t just a silent follower either. She literally sung my praises in each of her comments or brightened my inbox with her accolade filled emails. Of course, you all know that she has shown me some major love too on her blog. I mean sending people my way and telling them to follow me! Get outta here! That gesture alone speaks volume about her character.  
message
Charlotta, you’re like the Hope in this message. Thank you for all the love and most of all, for being Real. Muah:-)

award1st Lovely Charlotta has awarded me with the Super Comments Award . I am happy to get this award and i love the idea of blog awards. I am sure this is how my students feel when i reward them on a job well done or for great participation in class:-).
Besides placing Mr. Cuddly here on my blog and giving mad respect to Charlotta, I had to answer some questions, you know, since you all are dying to learn more about moi:-) I hope this will be coherent since i am in this zombie state, but here goes:

lifemsg
1. Why do you blog?
I thoroughly enjoy it. My hiatus from teaching to become a stay at home also made blogging possible. I know that if I were still teaching, this blog would not exist. I simply would not have the time. Prior to starting this blog, I was always online researching a purchase for baby Z(i’m an avid researcher). During these researches, I stumbled upon several blogs and enjoyed reading them so much that each day, I would eagerly look forward to what their next post would be. I finally decided to start a blog after I threw Zion’s first birthday party(view it here and here). I received numerous complements and I wanted to share my ideas. In addition, I thought, since I’m addicted to design, the blog would be a great creative outlet for me. That way, my house and my wallet could get a much needed break from my never ending design ideas.
The blogosphere is an awesome place to be. I’ve “met” so many creative and talented minds. It’s also a great feeling to interact with like minded people. You know what I mean, don’t you? For example, when you post something, you don’t get a blank stare or a “huh?” Instead, you get “wow, I just love this!”

memories
2. What are your 3 best memories?
It’s difficult to just choose three, but I’ll try. Of course, the birth of baby Zion heads the list. Next, is when I married the love of my life; I was so emotional that I could hardly say the vows. The third is when I completed my Masters in Education degree. I literally didn’t have a social life for two years, so when I was done I breathed a sigh of relief and then I partied like a rock star! I have to add a fourth, which is when I landed in Italy. First of all, that was the first time I had seen so many small cars(Smart cars). They were just zipping everywhere. Coming from the US., where people drive mostly big vehicles, I was mesmerized by this.

BOOKSRUS BOOKSRUS1
3. Name 4 2 of the best fiction books you've read.
I guess i’m making this easy on myself and listing only two. I have read so many and it really is difficult to narrow down my choices. However, these are two of my absolute faves:

the alchemist lonelylon
4. What are the 5 best movies ever made?
I love watching movies. In fact, dearest hubby and i usually have frequent movie nights at home. It is also not unheard of for us to watch two movies back to back. We love to spend time at home and if you don’t find us in the kitchen cooking or out in the back grilling, chances are we’re snuggled up watching a movie. Apparently two is the magic number this evening, so i’ll only be choosing 2 of my all time faves:

lesmiserables lifeisbeautiful
5. Name 5 things you can't live without.


doginKitchen
It goes without saying that I couldn’t live without my family and my awesome friends. So, here goes:
  • My dog, Ginger(although she’s not a thing)
  • Denim brands like Diesel and True Religion-they were made to fit my 5ft 10 frame.
  • technology
awardbotib
  • Great food and wine
  • Music
6. If you could change your name what would it be?
I don’t know. I’ve never really given that much thought.

idea2
7. Tell us a unique and interesting fact about yourself.
I am Jamaican:-).  I started teacher’s college at age 15. I was the youngest student in the college and the administrators almost turned me back because I was so young, but, my scores were too outstanding. I was a brilliant mind back then;-). Ok, I’m not sure if this is unique but, i did a bit of modeling back in the day. Even nowadays, I still get approached by scouts. However, my interest lies elsewhere these days…

freaky
9. If you had a 'Freaky Friday' experience, who would you change places with?
My dearest husband. He is so gifted, giving and fearless. It would be a life changing experience to enter his work world for at least a day. I would love to know what it’s like to freefall out of a plane like he does, or be the one to sew up a wounded comrade.

ten
10. What is the best thing about being a woman?
Since the birth of my first child, I would have to say motherhood. I also embrace everything that a woman embodies; curves, and all that is feminine!

studyLastThank you again for this award CharlottaThe Alternative Wife, Zhush and Komma-hem would be on this list but they’ve already received this award:-).  It gives me great pleasure to pass the award to my following blog buddies














    lakecomo2I’m off to bed now….xx

    {images: 12-tabletonic, 15-fashionising.com, 1-not sure, 11-desiretoinspire.net, others-tumblr and google}

    54 comments :

    1. Congratulations on the award - what a great post full of inspiration and now I'm off to check out Charlota's blog.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Congratulations. I'm new to your blog so it was fun getting to know a little more about you. Hope you get some good deep sleep!

      ReplyDelete
    3. CONGRATULATIONS Stacey!! You truly deserve it, your blog has been so beautiful and so much fun to read, and I loved getting to know you just a bit more through this post!! :) I hope you sleep really, really well tonight (and Baby Zion does too! :)). I'm also off now to check out Charlotta's amazing-sounding blog!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Congrats on your well-deserved award! You've earned it, especially after writing yet another awesome post while exhausted! Those storms last night (and this week, really) have been crazy, but tonight's been relatively quiet so hopefully sleeping comes a little more easily for you guys!

      I love your three best memories - they sound perfect!

      Thanks for passing along the award to me - I really appreciate it! :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. P.S. Oh my goodness, Stacey, I guess I'm kind of sleep-deprived zombie myself, because I totally didn't see this lovely surprise you had for me, thank you!! I've been in such total awe of your blog - so lovely of you for passing this along!! Wishing us all good zzzzz's ;-) :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. have you ever tried homeopathic teething tablets? I use them with my little one. They are completely safe, herbal tablets that you can find at Walgreens or Albertsons. Also, synthetic wine corks are great for chewing on.

      ReplyDelete
    7. First congrats on the award! Second, third, fourth and so on... This post is so much fun! I really enjoyed reading it and learning more about you. So with you and happy about having technology and sudden time to start and keep up a blog and all the amazing friends that we meet through said blog! And I love your answer that you would change places with your loving hubby. Hope you get a good night's rest tonight!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Babe this is so wonderful! I am overwhelmed by the kindness in your praise about moi and I reciprocate to 100% - you know I love you and your blog. Since the first click!

      I loved reading and getting to know you better - including your amazing birthday party for Zion. I share your love for Paul Coelho and have read many of his books. The Alchemist and the Pilgrimage are my favourite.
      Les Miserables is beautiful and sad. I have only seen the stage play / musical but love the story. Must watch the film now that you have given it the seal of approval.

      Ok hon. I know so well what it is like to be sleep deprived, as you know.. Hoping you get a quieter night. They say use Neurophen for teething and Panadol for fevers. Give it a go - a good night's sleep for you AND Zion will make it all easier. Teething sucks!

      Biggest hugs and thank you again for all the love!

      xx C

      ReplyDelete
    9. Congrats for the award, Stacey! You really deserved.
      And thanks for the post, I'm happy to know a lil more about you..
      The pics was always awesome as usual.

      Wishing you all the best,
      nensa

      ReplyDelete
    10. Congrats...sweetie on your awards...Well deserved!!!!

      Also thank you sooooo much!!! I love awards ...Totally made my Friday:)...So very sweet of you:)

      Wish you sweet dreams and see you soon:)
      Stunning images:=

      Kisses and hugs

      ReplyDelete
    11. Congratulations!!! And thank you so much, Stacey!! Your comments are also appreciated!!! I enjoyed reading about you! Have the best weekend! xoxoxoxo Kristin

      ReplyDelete
    12. oh THANKS so much for the award hot stuff! *blushing* .. and OMG 15 college?! jealous! .. i thought i was a smarty pants - but u TOTALLLLLY have me beat by FARRRRRRR! .. LOVE learnign more about you - awesoem post!

      ReplyDelete
    13. Congrats on the award! That first pic is adorable.

      ReplyDelete
    14. Oh, if only I were next door, I would lend a hand so you could get some shut eye. Two years ago, one of my sons had an emergency surgery and I was running on no sleep and not knowing how I could put one foot in front of the other, but I just did what any Mom would do ~ Love is such a powerful force to keep us going!
      Now take a rest and like they say on the plane, Administer the oxygen to you first~
      pve

      ReplyDelete
    15. Hi Stacey,
      So glad you stopped by my blog... Now I've discovered your beautiful blog.
      Congrats on the award. Hope you get a better night sleep tonight... I remember those days, but they will pass in a flash.

      Will be following you.

      xo

      ReplyDelete
    16. You are too sweet and SO awesome. I can't believe all of your accomplishments — such a great mom, wife, and miss smarty pants at age 15!!! Oh wow!!

      I LOVED reading more about you and getting to know you through this post. You're such a great person! What sweet things you had to say about Charlotta! Thanks so much for passing on the award ;) Yippee! Have a fabulous weekend!

      ReplyDelete
    17. Beautiful blog with such vivid photography!! I'm your newest follower, hope you can return the favor! www.mammatown.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    18. Hi Stacey!
      Firts, loved the photos from Zion´s first birthday.
      Second, Coelho is amazing and really gives the reader something to think about, such as the Alchemist. It´s not the goal, it´s the journey that counts.
      Third, have to agree with you. There´s just nothing like a movie night at home.
      Fourth, Ginger is such a cutie. I love all kinds of animals, they are amazing. Can imagine she gives you all such great company.
      Fifth, thought it was very interserting to hear about the modelling. Can see why!
      Final, thank you for mention me in the end. You are amazing in all ways and I can´t thank you enough for being such a loyal follower!
      Hope you´ll get some great sleep and that Zion is soon getting better!!!
      Lots of love from Sweden!

      ReplyDelete
    19. Congratulations sweetie! So well deserved! And thx so much for saying that about me. You're too sweet :)

      I loved getting to learn more about you. Your life is so interesting!

      Hope you get to rest real soon. Enjoy the weekend! xoxo

      ReplyDelete
    20. The first image is sooooo beautiful. Such a cute kid ... I could totally eat her up! :P Secondly, congrats on the award, though I am here for the first time. I like what I see :o) Very interesting to learn about you in my first visit itself.

      Thank you visiting my blog and your lovely comments! :)

      ReplyDelete
    21. Oh Stacey, had to pop-back in and say I'm SO SORRY I was also sleep-deprived last night, so was pretty incoherent, forgive me!! (just had my 5th cup of coffee today ;-)) I promise you a proper response-post and thank you soooo much for thinking of me. Your blog is amazingness personified - I'm so humbled! Have a wonderful and restful :) weekend {((HUG))}!

      ReplyDelete
    22. Nice post! Life is beautiful omg...so sad!!!

      Feel better!

      ReplyDelete
    23. AHHHHH :) thank you lady!!!! i'm so flattered!!
      i was just taking my sweet time looking at all of these fantastic images and low and behold there is an award waiting for me at the bottom haha! love ya!

      xoxo
      sara

      ReplyDelete
    24. I loved learning more about you!!!! this is wonderful =D I found out about your blog through Charlotta actually. She is truly a doll. Have a fabulous weekend!!!

      ReplyDelete
    25. aaw, what a sweetheart you are! thanks, dear!

      this was a WONDERFUL post. it's so nice to learn more about you. :) i especially loved your answer about blogging. there's so many interesting people in this blogosphere of ours. :D

      hope you are getting some well deserved rest, and that you have a wonderful weekend!

      ReplyDelete
    26. oooh. how sweet is that photo of the sleeping child, isn't it? lovely!

      Vicky
      (new post: You're lazy stay in bed & follow me)

      ReplyDelete
    27. I am your newest follower from Boost My Blog Friday. Very nice site and I look forward to reading more. When you have a chance I would appreciate a follow back. You can check out my blog at http://thecouponqueenbee.blogspot.com/

      Your blog is beautiful! So many wonderful pictures, very pleasing to read. Loved the first pic of the girl in the yellow dress sleeping in the swing, made me smile!

      ReplyDelete
    28. I saw "la vie est belle" and cried so much.

      ReplyDelete
    29. Love your blog! I'm your newest follower from Boost my Blog. Have a great weekend!

      ReplyDelete
    30. congratulations on the award! and thanks for passing it along to me! you're so sweet!!!

      i hope you have a fantastic friday !!!

      allisterbee.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    31. Hugest congratulations from me too!! You so deserve it. You're blog is so inspiring and I always look forward to reading about you and your life... Pruxxx

      ReplyDelete
    32. thanks for visiting, following back. great blog!

      ReplyDelete
    33. congrats!!! & very interesting!

      ReplyDelete
    34. Congrats on the award! I'll definitely be checking out that magical fable book, especially if there are no vampires or shirtless werewolves haha

      http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    35. Congatulations on the award! I loved this, because I'm new to your blog, and now I feel like I know you! I am addicted to design too, when I first started blogging, I seriously lost sleep! ;) So happy you stopped by Little Blue Deer so I could find you, happy to be your newest follower!

      ReplyDelete
    36. Congrats Stacey on all your awards. You deserve them! And I loved learning more about you in this post. And what a huge accomplishment to get your Masters in Education. That is wonderful. And thank you so much for passing along the award to me. Thank you for reading my blog and for all your lovely comments. Have a wonderful weekend!!!
      naina

      ReplyDelete
    37. Firstly, let me say I am sorry to hear things have been a bit rough lately.

      This is such a beautiful and inspiring post. Very meaningful words, and in perfect harmony with the images.

      Happy weekend, sweetie!

      ReplyDelete
    38. This was a great post, Stacey. Much inspiration in these lovely pictures.
      Have a wonderful weekend! xx

      ReplyDelete
    39. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and a good thing you did because that way I found both yours AND Charlottas blog!

      Have a great weekend and hope you get some much deserved sleep :)

      ReplyDelete
    40. Haha,
      I'm reading "The Alchemist" right now! and so far it's really good :D
      congrats on the award and I hope you and your pillow can make up for lost time ^_^


      Xoxo
      Sarah

      ReplyDelete
    41. Congrats Stacey!
      enjoy reading this & getting to know more about you...I bet you are a fun & loving mama!!
      Enjoy your weekend beautiful!

      xo

      ReplyDelete
    42. Hey, Congratulations. I agree that you are a delightful commenter!!
      I'll have to put the Alchemist & The Lovely Londoners on my "to read" list. Thanks for the tips.

      ReplyDelete
    43. congrats on the award and recognition! well deserved. it's truly inspiring how you manage to maintain such a great blog AND juggle motherhood. kudos to you!

      http://style-haus.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    44. What a beautiful, awesome, creative, colorful post. I love your attention to detail. That, in and of itself, is a talent!

      I've always loved Christy Turlington!

      Congratulations on your award from Charlotta. =)

      ReplyDelete
    45. i feel exactly like that... congrats on the award and love to get to know a bit more about you... have a great weekend!

      ReplyDelete
    46. Congratulations on the award. This is a very inspiring post and it is interesting to read more about you. I hope everything is ok with you and get some rest!

      ReplyDelete
    47. I love the cute little dog with his own bed in the kitchen island!

      Thanks for visiting my blog :)

      x Jasmine

      ReplyDelete
    48. Congrats on the award! Love this post and all its pretty pictures!

      ReplyDelete
    49. Okay. This is my favorite post of yours to date! There are soooooo many good things I can take away.

      I feel inspired by these images and your answers to the questions. Let me just say that if anyone deserves a Super Comments award, it's you! Thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog. I feel like I don't deserve them!

      :)

      And you went to college at 15! Wow!! So smart! And your husband sounds awesome!

      I'm definitely looking into seeing Les Miserables and La Vie Est Belle. I speak French (not extremely well, or anything, but I love the language and I was in a performance of Les Miz). One of my favorite movies is Jeux d'Enfants because I love Marion Cottilard.

      And I'm finding that a lot of us have done some modeling back in the day! My mom definitely put me into it when I was a child!

      ~Zabrinah

      ReplyDelete
    50. What great answers, so enjoyed it ... and thanks for passing the award on to me lovely girl !!!

      ReplyDelete
    51. Yay! Yay for you getting the award and yay for you passing it on to ME! It's my FIRST bloggy award and I feel very honoured. THANK YOU!!! Hope you've had more sleep last night? Sleep deprivation is the worst :(

      ReplyDelete
    52. i just read this post now (i was on vacation last week & couldn't keep up with all of my fave blogs!) I loved reading all of this about you; i'm starting to think your one of the coolest blogger girls ever ;)

      sorry to hear about the lack of sleep, hope your baby boy (&you!) are doing better.

      i didn't realize that you are a teacher!
      on my last visit to your blog i was thinking, "she writes so good & describes things perfectly".
      now it makes perfect sense, smarty pants! :)

      ok my comment is long enough now haha

      <3 Gina

      ReplyDelete
    53. p.s i feel the need to correct myself and say "she writes so well" lol

      ReplyDelete

    Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).