Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Moose and Zee themed 1st Birthday Party

My baby boy Zion, recently celebrated his 1st birthday. He adores Moose and Zee. Seriously, if Zion had a blog, it would be called Moose and Zee addict blog:-). Therefore, it was really easy to come up with the idea of celebrating his birthday around a Moose and Zee theme. However, i didn't want his party to be too "themey," so i decided to bring out the concept of the theme  by incorporating the use of the characters' colours in the party's decor. I had the wonderful Teresa of Teresa Olier Photography capture this special event.


I had lanterns everywhere(hanging from trees and hanging inside the house)

more lanterns inside

I made a collage of  at least 80 pictures depicting Zion's first year. I used pre-cut mat boards and backing board to create frames(quite an inexpensive option instead of purchasing actual frames).
 
  
  
I purchased these blue plates(they were on clearance for $1 for 20). The colourful index cards and assortment of sweets continue to illustrate the theme.

 
party favors

labels from etsy seller

 
Baby Z wondering what this new texture was:-)

 
 
He's not really a fan of hats ..isn't it obvious?:-) 
Time to cut the cake-i really didn't want to because it was so perfect!


Main Party details:
~lanterns-lunabazaar
~banner-emagine
~sweets-sweetfactory
~pre-cut mats-redimat
~favor containers-beau-coup
~labels-etsy seller(cherishedtimes)
~birthday hat-etsy seller(sweetnsassybaby)
~apothecary jars-michaels, tjmaxx and jo-ann fabrics
~cake- local cake shop-Sweetboutiquebakery
~labels on the apothecary jars- paper source




13 comments :

  1. That is soooo cute! What wonderful ideas you came up with. My baby girls 1 year bday is coming up in Sept. and I have been brainstorming on what to do. I love how you made the collage of his first year - I will have to steal that idea!! :)
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, thank you! I'm sure you can't wait for September to celebrate your daughter's 1 year b'day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! Such a cute party. AND my 17 month ald daughter's name is Zion, too! Great minds...

    fourbadapples.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. good afternoon. this is gorgeous. i found your blog through a friend: c'est la vie.

    your blog is gorgeous. and i love these pictures. that party is amazing. that is the kind of party that my mother likes to put on. super cute and stunning.

    and your baby, Zion, is the most beautiful baby i think i've ever seen. he is sooooo cute!

    i'm a new follower. feel free to check out my blog:

    ♥ http://www.allisterbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this party! My son is turning 2 in September and he loves Wow Wow Wubzy so I can totally relate. I'll definitely be looking at your blog for inspiration as I start planning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that cake was really perfect and I liked your photo collage idea too. Next time you need pre cut mat board check out www.bdmatboard.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!! I love it all!!! I have been going insane trying to figure out what to do with my daughter's first bday, which is in October. She loves when Moose and Zee come on in between her "cartoon soaps" as I call them.
    Thanks for the cool ideas I love the photo collage, that looks less time consuming than the scrapbook that I was going to create.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katricia,
    I know exactly what you mean regarding your daughter's obsession with Moose and Zee! I'm happy that you could get some ideas here:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so cool, my son birthday coming dec.31 /new years celebratioin.he loves moose a moose.loves ya idea . Zion is a lucky kid

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stumbled on this because I'm looking to do this theme for my 1 yr old's first b-day and you are so creative! I love what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi - I found your blog while looking for Teresa Olier... she has skipped town with a lot of people's money and I wondered if you have any contact with her. Thanks. kelmroach@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).