Friday, January 16, 2015

Meet Our Newest Family Members!


Last weekend, we went to a friend's farm to collect the newest members of our family. Aren't their horses beautiful! They had goats, dogs, horses, ducks, geese, rabbits, chickens, and a cat! The boys had a fantastic time there! Click on images to view larger versions.

And here are the newest members of our family! Aren't they lovely?

We've named them and have decided to call the orange one Meg, the black and white one Piper, the black one Java(we named her after her breed), and the white one Roxie.

The hubby made their coop too and they seem right at home!

I am not sure if Ginger, our dog sees them as a meal or as playmates. We are not taking any chances,  so we supervise closely. However, we're hoping she will get used to having them around. Happy weekend everyone and stay warm. It's been so cold and dreary here all week. xx


8 comments :

  1. This is great. What a joy for your kids. I´m a great animal lover- all kinds- they bring so much joy around! Hope you´ll get your first own eggs soon:-).
    Happy weekend dear Friend!
    //Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! I am so excited and a bit jealous;) as I've always wanted to have a couple of hens. The eggs will be amazing and chickens will add a fun vibe to your home/surrounding area:) Have a nice weekend! xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this on IG since that coop is super cool (Kudos to hubs for that!)! But I just love the thought of having these chickens around and the lessons the boys will be learning from them! Wish our subdivision allows farm animals in our yard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting for you and your children - can't wait to hear how your boys love this idea!! Happy weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful, Stacey, and I'll just bet the boys were beyond excited!!

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend, sweet friend. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant wait to get chickens and Now I know who to contact if I have any questions!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO fun! I can't wait to see more pictures of the boys and chickens on instagram!


    xoxo,
    little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yaaaay for chickens! I cant wait to get ours. Ive been wanting hens for about 2 years and now that we have more than enough space for them im so excited to get them. Weve already named ours Lulu, Maddie, and Lily:)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).