Monday, February 17, 2014

I Sewed a Burp cloth: Sewing Lesson(s) from My Neighbor

kids bedroom designs
My neighbor’s beautiful daughter, Elouise thinks I did a fab job, right Elouise?

Learning how to use my sewing machine was on my to do list of things I wanted to learn this year.  I am thrilled to say

good gift ideas for mom
home lifestyle
kids bedroom designs
that just recently, after two lessons from my neighbor(Elouise’s Mom), I was able to correctly string my sewing machine and sew a burp cloth for little Elouise.

Mom Lifestyle
They aren't perfectly straight lines, but very good for my first time, right?

Designer Mom
Later after the pins were removed, Elouise was happy to rest her chin on it as she relaxed in her Mommy’s arms. The not so perfectly straight lines didn’t seem to bother her at all. However, I will be working on making perfectly straight lines, especially since I can’t wait to sew some pillow covers! I am so excited about this new skill and I am really proud that I am able to check this off my list so early in the year. Are you working on achieving a goal that you set this year too? Do share. Happy Monday everyone. xx

10 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Beautiful friend,

Isn't it great to acquire a new skill, and such a FUN ONE? GOOD FOR YOU! I just remember my mother sewing all of my clothes and dance costumes. I did some sewing before I became a teacher and what fun did I have! My goals for the year? You guess it: WRITING BETTER and focusing on getting those magazine articles out there.

Peace and love to you, Stacey! Anita

therelishedroost said...

Good for you !! This make me want to take the old sewing machine out!! Now you will be making pillows, panels.. you name it!

Vel Criste said...

Hooray for you!!!!! I don't know how to sew and will probably never learn since my husband is the sewer in our household! Learning something new is always great and I'm really very happy for you!

Lisa Gordon said...

It's wonderful, Stacey!
For the first 2 years of each of my kids lives, I made all of their quilts/blankets/clothes. I used to love to sew. From time to time I almost get back into it again, and I am sure that some day I will.

Sonia said...

Hey, This post is looking so good and Amazing! Burp cloth is cool. A very well made post with beautiful pictures. I've bookmarked this special recipe of yours and would love to give it a shot soon. Thanks for sharing your well prepared and presented posts. Shall look forward to your next post.
Have a wonderful week ahead. Take care.
Thanks & Regards, Sonia!!!

Dee D said...

Congrats, you did a great job, too. I never learned to sew, but I guess it's never too late to try.

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

It looks great dear! I wish I could sew and will make it a goal next year!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Jessie | The Design Daredevil said...

Good job girl! Thank you for your sweet comment on Little Black Door, I appreciate it!

Jessie

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Adorable!

House@heart said...

Having your own sewing machine is so great, just think of all the preetiness you ll be creating!!
Ozana