Friday, December 6, 2013

Radiant Orchid; Pantone’s Colour of 2014.

beautiful home designs
Yesterday, Pantone announced their colour of the year, radiant orchid. It is definitely lively and has a mixture of fuchsia, purple, and pink undertones. Here are some spaces that are radiating in or with pops of radiant orchid…
design interior home
bedroom designs ideas
design for small spaces
bedroom design ideas
dining room designs
bedroom designs ideas
Guess what? I am already trending in this colour at home! My main Christmas tree is awash in in this tone. I also think my fuchsia accent wall in the kitchen gets a pass too, right?Smile. So, what do you think, yay or nay for you? Have a fabulous weekend everyone. xx

images: {desiretoinspire, justbesplendidtumblr, houseandinteriorstumblr, pinterest}

11 comments :

  1. I love the color in photos, i just can't seem to incorporate into my own home. I was kinda hoping for a blue this year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited - I love this color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color orchid! Hubby even heard this discussed on NPR radio and shared it with me cause he thought he had a scoop I hadn't heard :) I'm trending on this color too ... our Master bedroom is painted BM Kasbah, AF-640 which is a super deep saturated plum orchid ... I went super dark to remove hubby's objection to it being too feminine, but now I can use light orchid colors as pops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacey, I love the images you pulled and given what I've seen of your home, I think it's going to look amazing! I was leaning toward a little touch of lilac, but have pulled back for the time being...I guess it remains to be seen but I think a real bright orchid Orchid plant could look really nice in my neutral toned space.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    xo Mary Jo
    http://MagicalMined.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this not the most lush color to come out? That velvet sofa, holy moly, I need that! tehehehehe

    Stacey my friend, enjoy every moment of your celebration with your family. I wish you a beautiful time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have learned to never say never. I'll wait and see on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its not my favorite, but stranger things have happened. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now THIS I love!
    Did not care for that green last year.
    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend, Stacey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this color!!!! Have a bunch of stuff in my closet already too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love color and recently painted a free lamp I got from Craigslist this color. My salon furniture is this color too and it's vintage. Now I'll never change the color lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just about to do my bedroom purple - love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).