Monday, September 2, 2013

Something Old is New Again: Trending

Photo Sep 01, 4 21 21 PM
I realized recently that quite a number of items that I’ve had for years (and have even considered selling) are trending right now. Yay me!?

Photo Sep 01, 4 28 23 PM
This copper textured top table with its black base was purchased years ago from Pier 1.  Today, it’s trending as what’s hot because it’s copper and of course those sexy black legs that would give Tyra a run for her money make it an even more delicious piece. Who knew? I bought it because I loved the lines and they beckon to that mid-century era which I really love.

Photo Sep 01, 4 54 18 PM
And then there is this bar cart that I had parked in a closet for the longest time. It has a kind of oil rubbed finish with traces of black too. It is superbly made and the top part is detachable(great when entertaining). I’ve been seeing similar looks/types of bar carts in magazines, etc.
 While I try not to get caught up in trends or let them dictate what I purchase for my home, it still feels wonderful to have these pieces that are considered ‘en vogue’ or trendy. With that said, before you go out and purchase an item from one of these trend categories that you love and must have, take a look around your home. That trendy piece may already be there; probably hiding in a closet or waiting for a simple diy or some paint to make it  into that enviable  piece you covet.  I hope those of us who celebrated Labor Day had an awesome long weekend! Blessings. XX

{images: my own}

12 comments :

  1. Oh, I love the bar cart!! That tray looks amazing and if you can take it off, even better!! Good to see you on re-use mode!!
    xo
    Ozana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how many times I considered getting rid of something only to find that it was IN again! I so love that simple lamp you have at bedside...practical, efficient, COOL!

    TODAY is the first day of school my friend! Off I go...Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this table, Stacey!
    Glad you held onto it.
    So many things just sort of disappear, and then reappear with more vigor than ever.

    I wish you a wonderful day, my friend! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And this is why I am a hoarder. I just know that once I get rid of it, I will want it back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true Stacey, for a frequent re-decorator like me, shopping around the house is a must! Love your bar tray and copper table. BTW, my kitchen is finished, please check it out when you have the time dear. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true Stacey, for a frequent re-decorator like me, shopping around the house is a must! Love your bar tray and copper table. BTW, my kitchen is finished, please check it out when you have the time dear. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true Stacey, for a frequent re-decorator like me, shopping around the house is a must! Love your bar tray and copper table. BTW, my kitchen is finished, please check it out when you have the time dear. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love it when you've owned something long enough it comes back in style? Although I would think a great little side table and bar cart would never go out. Good for you Stacey your pieces look great!

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol. so true. It's the reason I can't wait to have a garage. Will definitely hold on to a few things especially since I've shed plenty of tears after seeing things I tossed or sold come right back in style. PS that bar cart is too fab, especially its homage the the rum industry! Now you just need to include some Stones Ginger Wine?

    ReplyDelete
  10. whoa i love that bedside lamp so much! and this is why i can't throw anything away...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's exactly why I don't ever want to get rid of anything - eventually it will swing back around. :) Love the bar cart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning my beauty, or rather, HOLA! I had forgotten that you taught Spanish! Yesterday was fun. Today I teach the "B" block at the middle school and meet my high school seniors for the first time today. HERE WE GO! Thank you so much for coming over! Anita

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).