Monday, August 26, 2013

Saved by the Little Black Dress(LBD).

photo (12)
On Friday, we celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary. Yippee! We are beyond proud of this milestone! To celebrate, we were going to attend a local cocktail event and initially I planned on wearing a pair of dress pants with a lovely top. I really do not own many dresses(more of a pants and sometimes skirt wearing type of girl).  However, I did a quick google search before getting ready and found out that dresses were more appropriate for cocktail events. I didn’t know that!  I went into panic mode for a few minutes until I remembered that I had the perfect little black dress(lbd) in my closet. Whew, I was relieved!
photo (11)
photo (6)
I accessorized with leopard cuff that was handmade for my birthday a few years ago and the heels are BCBG. Is the little black dress your go to for a more dressed up affair? Are pants a no no for cocktail events? Fashionistas, do share your input! Blessings and happy Monday everyone! xx

15 comments :

  1. You look lovely, congrats on 14 years! I live in uber casual California so I'd say pants are OK if they fit impeccably and are accessorized right (with a killer pair of heals).

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GIRL you are sensational! STACEY???? LOVE YOUR SHOES, WOMAN! 14 years? And I am so happy that you have HIM with you to enjoy that celebration! And that you came to see my quick post and that it was perfect for you????

    That dress. YOUR PORTRAIT! You look fantastic, and I am sure the Mister was beyond himself, seeing his beauty and looking into those beautiful eyes. CHEERS TO YOU BOTH MY FRIEND! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you look so beautiful! Ihope you had a wonderful celebration and congratulations on every minute together. I hope you celebrate 5o more years!
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!
    You look so gorgeous.
    Love the pumps!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary and best wishes for many more eons of bliss. For someone who isn't a dress girl you look incredibly at ease, confident and happy, that plus your perfect smile = beautiful. You definitely have the legs for dresses, should wear them more often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so cute! How on earth do you walk in those shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking fab lady. 14 years? man, that's an eternity in this day and age. Love a LBD but I'm also a pant girl so I have a killer black jumper I rock for those special occasions as well. Loving the shoes!!!!!! Linda, the trick to wearing those shoes is to map out how many steps you'll have to take to get in and out of the event/restaurant and to be sure there's valet! I can only walk in them heels for 2.5 seconds before I whip out the flats that's usually stashed in my bag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you look amazing and congrats on your anniversary! Hope you had fun!

    xo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look stunning!!!! Happy Anniversary! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. oops I mean heels! but you got the point :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stacey!! WOW, look at you! Congratulations girlfriend! Hope you both had a wonderful evening of celebration. Gorgeous LBD and heels;)

    xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, you look so FABULOUS Stacey!!!! Love the shoes and leopard accent too - GRRROOOWWL! As for pants, oh yes, for sure, dress pants with a dressier top is ok for cocktails!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is no substitute for that little black dress, and you look absolutely stunning, my friend! Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look amazing! 14 years of marriage looks great on you. I am not a dress nor heels girl, so a pants suit would have been fine with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I follow you on GFC as timmy bulb, love them all!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).