Friday, April 29, 2011

Mario Testino, Blog Crawl and a Hippy Wedding.


I am excited to be participating in today’s blog crawl inspired by Will and Kate’s wedding today. This genius idea came from Danielle of Breakfastattoast blog. I am really supposed to be sharing some fun wedding ideas with you, but I strayed just a bit. You see, when I heard that Mario Testino would be photographing Will and Kate, I was just grinning from ear to ear. I was so happy for him! I feel like I know the guySmile. As a result, this post will be somewhat of be an ode to him.  I will be featuring a wedding editorial that he recently did and also a simple hippy wedding that I fell in love with.

Please enjoy:

Presenting the Hippy Wedding:

Wedding
Wedding1
Wedding2
Wedding3
Wedding4
It’s certainly not as grandiose as Will and Kate’s, but you can just feel the love whiffing in the air…

And now, presenting the man of the
hour, Mario
Testino…

MTWed1
Mario photographed the models in this wedding editorial, also inspired by the Royal wedding  for Vogue UK, May, 2011. The models are wearing these really beautiful wedding dresses that make me want to get married all over again so I could don one of these!  Kate’s dress has been shrouded in such mystery and I’m bursting to find out what her dress will look like. By the time this post goes live, I would already know and I am sure I will not be disappointed!

MTWed
MTWed2
MTWed3
MTWed4
MTWed5
MTWed6
MTWed7
Did you know that Mario Testino also received an invitation to the Royal wedding? Danielle, this was such fun! Really great idea! Have a fantastic weekend everyone! Be safe! XX

PS. Giveaway Winner will be announced on Monday! Thanks for participating everyone!

24 comments :

  1. VIVAN LOS NOVIOS!!!!
    the first one my favorite!!!
    have a lovely day Stacey,

    A big hug,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stacy, how GORGEOUS DEAREST!!!! And I came to visit you last night, thanking you for your sweet and heartfelt comment....you too my sweet, YOU TOO ARE MY FRIEND! Oh how I wish I could see the wedding today with everyone, but I will have to catch it tonight after work! I just took a peak on a live broadcast at the Abby to see William; my goodness he looks stunning, like his mum. WHAT FUN! Have a blast today dearest heart! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes definitely weddings on our minds this week. Gorgeous! ok I have not entered your giveaway so heading over

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh!!! Wedding Wedding Wedding! It was lovely wasn't it? ;)

    ♡ from © tanvii.com
    Apothica Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had so much fun tweeting about it with bloggers today!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...you did not break any rules. And if you did, you broke all the right ones :) GORGEOUS post! Thanks so much for participating. Love your blog! You have a new reader!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mr. Testino, you are just brilliant! I pinned a couple of these the other day and could not even get over how gorgeous they were. So happy to read your lovely post and see them all in one place- stunning post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the work by mario testino! also he is so friendly and nice! I remember met him last september in Madrid at the V party! so cool post!

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is what I love about blog events and blog crawls - you can put your own spin on it. Because, frankly, if I read another post on Kate's dress I'm going to scream. ;) That hippie wedding is unbelievable. It's exactly how I envision my own wedding someday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love the second to last dress. Wedding fever...especially with Kate and William's recent nuptials.

    Check us out!
    KIPITOK
    www.kipiblog.com
    www.kipitok.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous dresses and photography! What a great idea for a blog crawl! The new princess wore such a gorgeous gown! She looked absolutely regal and beautiful! I can't wait to catch up on the wedding coverage tonight. :) Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AH! so many gorgeous gowns! i love the hippie wedding, i just got engaged and i think we'll have a few hippie touches at our wedding next summer :) have a fantastic weekend! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photos. Especially love that first one!

    Actually watching the recording of the royal wedding right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yeees, Stacey, I enjoyed the royal wedding very much! What a beautiful couple and gorgeous wedding dress! Just like a fairy tale!!! Have a FABULOUS weekend!

    x Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous post, Stacey!
    Yes, spotted Mario Testino among the attendees on tv!

    xo*

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous! the week of the weddings :-) I didn't know you have a tumbl, Stacey...Off to see :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like, really want to get married again so i can wear a pretty pretty dress!!!!

    (and p.s. i'm so liking my pics big too!! so much better!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. He is without a doubt, my favorite photographer. The man is a genius, and you have selected some of his very best!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These dresses are gorgeous and that hippy wedding is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful dresses! My wedding was somewhee bbetween the hipy and the grandious but every wedding is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. He is a brilliant man and seems to still love what he does.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those wedding pictures are simply gorgeous!!! What an excellent idea there to have this blog crawl. I've always loved the outdoor. And if I get married, I want something like that... It would be just wonderful... :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).