Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Guest Post via Sheila of Teaching Literacy

TL
The perfect reading space.

Hello, everyone!  I’m Sheila from teachingliteracy.tumblr.com and am delighted that Stacey invited me to be a guest blogger today.  Like Stacey, I am an educator and passionate about the written word.  I hope you enjoy these literacy-inspired spaces and designs.  Happy reading!


TL1
TL3
This is a cake!

TL4

Clever way to store books…

TL5
TL6
TL7

Book bags…literally.

TL8
TL11
Wear your favorite book with beautiful literary jewelry by Jeremy May

Isn’t this post very inspiring? Any blog that promotes literacy and encourages reading is a daily must read in my book.  Sheila’s blog isn’t only a feast for the eyes, but also represents the importance of literacy which is lacking in today’s culture. Thank you Sheila! 
Happy Tuesday everyone! XX

{image credits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9}

Labels: ,

25 Comments:

At March 1, 2011 at 5:36 AM , Anonymous Design Elements said...

nice to "meet" you Sheila! Wonderful post! Hugs to you and Stacey

 
At March 1, 2011 at 5:56 AM , Blogger little luxury list said...

The book bags are awesome!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 5:57 AM , Blogger Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Mon Dieu...I too am a French literacy teacher and this is simply genius. What a way to elevate books and the written word to a new height! THANK YOU and MERCI STACY!!! Anita

 
At March 1, 2011 at 6:11 AM , Anonymous cabbage rose said...

sheila! fab post...very inspirationsl. thank you. thank you, too stacey. thinking of you...sending positive vibes.

 
At March 1, 2011 at 6:46 AM , Blogger Acquired Objects said...

Ok that piece of cake is amazing and love the book bags too. Wonderful post with a wonderful message.

 
At March 1, 2011 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This was amazing!! That cake blows me away and the literacy inspiration was so lovely. Gorgeous post!!!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 8:16 AM , Blogger Linn said...

The cake was the most awesome thing about this post!

It looks really great.
Have a very nice day gorgeous:)

 
At March 1, 2011 at 9:08 AM , Blogger jeanette from everton terrace said...

Wow those necklaces are pieces of art - quite something. I need the parking sign, well my daughter would probably steal it from me. I love love it :) Very fun post.

 
At March 1, 2011 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Tonia Lee Smith said...

Those necklaces are very interesting, but the cake takes the cake {pun intended}

 
At March 1, 2011 at 10:16 AM , Blogger quintessence said...

Love all these odes to the written word!! Am both learning and book obsessed as well so the perfect post for me!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 10:40 AM , Blogger k said...

what amazing pictures you found, I loved looking at these :)

 
At March 1, 2011 at 11:52 AM , Anonymous Edwina@FASHION+ART said...

That cake! What clever ideas it inspires.

 
At March 1, 2011 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Monique said...

I love the books in the vintage suitcase!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Kellie Collis said...

Lovely chair! Gorgeous suitcase too! Enjoy the wonderful day, Kellie xx

 
At March 1, 2011 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

As a lover of books, this was a delicious post - all the literary inspired items. That cake looks amazing!!!

So happy you were the guest blogger today!
Elizabeth

 
At March 1, 2011 at 1:17 PM , Blogger bravegrrl said...

i love that 5th photo... what a perfect reading space... a grrl can dream!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 1:53 PM , Blogger Vær våken said...

Lovely post indeed! I love those necklaces. Wish I could have made my own...!!

Kristin xo

 
At March 1, 2011 at 2:32 PM , Blogger ediot said...

there is so much to love in this post. so inspiring. well done sheila.
and nice idea with the guest blog
hope you're both having a wonderful week so far
take care

xx

 
At March 1, 2011 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

omg the cake....COOL!

 
At March 1, 2011 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Those necklaces are crazy! Crazy and pretty ;)

 
At March 1, 2011 at 7:08 PM , Blogger Glamour Drops said...

Very clever post! Books add so much warmth and comfort to a room. Love the top image ~ but are the spines not facing outwards, or is it just my eyesight?

 
At March 2, 2011 at 3:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a nice post Sheila,
I love the first picture, and I can't believe that's a cake, it looks amazing
By the way, I really agree with that, literacy, or actually reading, is not important, but vital, and some people don't realize about it

♥ Marley

 
At March 2, 2011 at 12:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exquisite. So proud of you, Alex

 
At March 2, 2011 at 8:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

superb images, a feast for the eyes.
books feed the mind and warm the soul.

thanks for being the sunshine in our lives!

-mom

 
At March 4, 2011 at 12:27 AM , Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

Great post—I just adore the book/cake—what a beautiful concept this is...

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home