Friday, October 8, 2010

Cozy up by the fire…


I can undoubtedly feel a whiff of fall cooling weather here, especially in the early morning and late evenings. Now, i might be a bit premature, but i’m thinking of gathering wood to start a cozy fire. Too premature you say, well, i’ll just relax in this beautiful swing and soak up the warmth of the sun until  it’s cold enough to start


a cozy fire! Don’t you just love to linger by the fire, read a book, snuggle, or just listen to the flickering flames? I love it! Well, my darlings, i hope that you all have a splendid weekend. I am most certainly looking forward to mine:-). XX

Labels: ,

51 Comments:

At October 8, 2010 at 6:53 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love! We have 2 non-working fireplaces in our home, boo! But perhaps I will fill them with candles for a similar effect, though I'm having a hard time visualizing that since Jenny at MFAMB gave it a thumbs down, lol! Enjoy your weekend, Stacey! XX!

 
At October 8, 2010 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Diana Mieczan said...

Ohh I love fireplaces and we got one last year...I cant wait to sit by it and enjoy the warmth while drinking a cup of yummy tea:)
Kisses,sweetie
Happy Friday

 
At October 8, 2010 at 7:23 AM , Blogger Acquired Objects said...

I've been using my wood stove already at night to take the chill out of the air, love it! Have a fabulous weekend too!

 
At October 8, 2010 at 8:20 AM , Blogger jamaica byles said...

Love sweater weather.We're huge fireplace users....nothing beats the coziness of a flickering flame.Love the swing.....

 
At October 8, 2010 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Gina said...

can i come over and swing in the swing too!?? ;)

i love fireplaces and i hope that my future home will have one.

that and a claw foot tub... i would be one happy camper!

happy friday ;)

 
At October 8, 2010 at 8:48 AM , Blogger Tanvi said...

Love that swing! Need one in my future home! :)

 
At October 8, 2010 at 9:05 AM , Blogger jeanette from everton terrace said...

We don't have a fireplace here (did at last house). Can't imagine anyone not loving them. I saw that first photo in my blogroll and just knew it was you posting it - it's a fabulous swing, bench - whatever.

 
At October 8, 2010 at 9:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can stare at one for ages... it's magical!

 
At October 8, 2010 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

OH MY! - that wood holder made into a swing - r u kidding me?! - i need a welder in my life to create this for me!!!!

PS --> ~Join In on the Necklace Give-Away Here~

*kiss kiss*
Erika @ ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

 
At October 8, 2010 at 10:06 AM , Blogger a little black cloud in a dress said...

I cannot wait for the first fire we make. :]

 
At October 8, 2010 at 10:23 AM , Blogger Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

LOVE! Just like I adore the fireplace at our new place!

 
At October 8, 2010 at 11:06 AM , Anonymous cabbage rose said...

i love the swing...want! the room with the fireplace is so inviting...i can't wait to make a fire...so cozy. have a great weekend, stacey!

 
At October 8, 2010 at 11:50 AM , Blogger christine, just bella said...

Thank hanging chair is amazing!!

 
At October 8, 2010 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Melissa Blake said...

That looks absolutely cozy!! :)

 
At October 8, 2010 at 12:23 PM , Blogger KristiMcMurry said...

I loooove that first place. It looks fantastic. My favorite part about cooler weather is going to my mom's and cozying up by the wood stove. I even kept the fire going one night! That was exciting for some reason...

 
At October 8, 2010 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Tina said...

Gorgeous pictures. I would love an open fireplace in my home. I´m sure I would enjoy it a lot!!!
Love that the second pic. Also shows one of my favourite Jacobsen AJ lamp( a post on that item is coming up later on!)
Ps. Think you will like my 'Style searching'- House tour on Sunday:)! Have a feeling it´s all in your taste! Ds.
Happy, happy weekend!

 
At October 8, 2010 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Jude said...

Soo gorgeous! I love that first swing, and well, if you plopped me into that second photo, I wouldn't complain, not at all :) Hope your Friday's going great & your weekend's super-cozy, Stacey! xo

 
At October 8, 2010 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Vær våken said...

Stacey, I'm back from Tuscany...You guessed right!! It sure was a beautiful place.

I love sitting by the fireplace. What a beautiful, modern house! I'm sure the view is also amazing! Have a fabulous weekend!! xx

 
At October 8, 2010 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Jennifer Nicole said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by today. I'm having a blast looking through your blog...I love it! Nice post today, I'm loving that swing. :)

 
At October 8, 2010 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Lovely post!
Can't wait for the first fire of the season!

xoxox,
CC

 
At October 8, 2010 at 1:41 PM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I love it more than anything in the world! I'm looking forward to a beautiful fall weekend. The weather's gonna be just right too. Too bad I don't have a fireplace :)

Have a wonderful weekend, sweetie! xoxo

 
At October 8, 2010 at 2:12 PM , Blogger kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

i do love a good fire - altho our is gas fueled, not wood. i love the SMELL of outdoor bonfires though.

i've been turning our fireplace on every morning, during my drink-coffee-watch-news-pay-attention-to-whiny-kittens morning routine. it's been SO COLD in the mornings, but not quite to full on central heat mode. seeing as i just turned it off IN JUNE, i'm not really in any rush to turn it back on again.

ps - i bet your build time is just gonna FLY BY, especially with all the holidays as a distraction. just be glad you don't have to move in the winter. WORST. PLAN. EVER!

happy weeekeeeend! :D

 
At October 8, 2010 at 2:14 PM , Blogger paislea said...

i am loving that first picture. it's soooooo cute! the little swing is amazing.

i cannot wait to curl up next to a fire. it's still a little bit too warm for that, but it's coming soon! i can't wait!

♥ allisterbee.blogspot.com

 
At October 8, 2010 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Isabel said...

these spaces are amazing...i have a fireplace but have never used it...i need to get some firewood!

 
At October 8, 2010 at 2:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such lovely photos! I love the rich wood tones and snuggling up to a cozy fire is awesome.

 
At October 8, 2010 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Lisa Gordon said...

We're going to be lighting ours for the first time this season, this weekend. Really looking forward to it. Now all I need, is that swing!!!
Gorgeous.

 
At October 8, 2010 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Oh so modern! All you'd need is a good book and a glass of wine! ;)

Enjoy your weekend!

 
At October 8, 2010 at 4:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

how cozyyyy!!!!! I want to be there now. Where i live is too hot all year so no one has fireplaces but I still LOVE them and I am thinking about getting a faux one... not sure though. Happy wknd!!! xo

 
At October 8, 2010 at 4:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just LOVE that second picture! I would love a room just like that one! Those windows... that fireplace. .. the walls.... AHHHHH!

have a great weekend!

xo

 
At October 8, 2010 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Signe said...

In this time of the year I would certainly not mind a bigger house with a fireplace :)
And a lovely weekend to you too Stacey :)

 
At October 8, 2010 at 6:07 PM , Blogger All Made Up said...

Gorgeous pics. Almost makes me glad that the weathers changing!

When i was a kid one of the best things about winter was going for a nice long walk till i was freezing cold then coming home and sitting in front of an open fire drinking hot chocolate. These days we have oil heating and although we have a "fake fire" it really isnt the same :)

http://mytopbeautybuys.blogspot.com/

 
At October 8, 2010 at 6:16 PM , Blogger this free bird said...

Have a great weekend Stacey! I would love to have that metal chair connected to the ceiling...only in my house the ceiling would cave in. Special, isn't it? Not so much.

Inspiration for your new place though!! The chair, not my ceiling!

xoxo,
Carrie

 
At October 8, 2010 at 6:34 PM , Blogger style-haus said...

i do love to curl up by the fireplace. i got a little excited recently when the temperatures dropped b/c i was looking forward lighting the fireplace!

http://style-haus.blogspot.com/

 
At October 8, 2010 at 10:38 PM , Blogger designchic said...

This gets me so excited for Fall - Thanks for stopping by our blog today...

 
At October 9, 2010 at 5:19 AM , Blogger Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Stacy dearest!

Don't you look stunning in YOUR boots! Whether it's taking the little one on a "promenade" or kicking about with your gal pals, BOOTS are wonderful and give me a little lift in my step...although, whatever I wear, I find myself just rushing about! My colleagues and even the students know when Madame Rivera is coming (me) because of the rhythm of my walk and the heels I sport! Whew....school is scary this year, but coming home to the man I love and the home I adore makes things bearable! Have a great weekend dear one, Anita

 
At October 9, 2010 at 6:25 AM , Blogger k said...

Oooo you have a gorgeous new profile picture!! I think i need a hammock IN my house. Yes, that's going on the "someday" list :) Hope you are having a great weekend my lady!

 
At October 9, 2010 at 7:52 AM , Blogger Lilacandgrey said...

what a fabulous space!! I can't wait to start a fire in our new house :)

 
At October 9, 2010 at 8:35 AM , Blogger Anna Grostina said...

OMG, I wanna live there.

 
At October 9, 2010 at 12:51 PM , Blogger NENSA MOON said...

You got right, Stacey!!
at the very cold weather...what we needed is a coozy fire...

Cool pictures!!
nensa

 
At October 9, 2010 at 3:13 PM , Blogger E. Charlotte said...

Lovely photos! In the place I'm at now we have a fireplace (first time I've had one!) so I will definitely be building cozy fires all winter long. :) There is nothing quite as relaxing as a mug of cocoa and a warm blaze. :)

 
At October 9, 2010 at 3:36 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I'm so excited to spend crisp days curled up inside. These photos are serene!

Enter to win a Gorjana necklace! (prize valued at $95)

 
At October 10, 2010 at 1:16 AM , Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

Okay, that swing is just BEYOND. I mean, quite seriously, I have not seen a swing, ever, as fabulous as this... I would love to be in that space. There is no premature appreciation for coziness, I think :) love it!

Hope you are having a fabulous weekend -- thanks so much for your lovely comments this week,

xo

 
At October 10, 2010 at 4:45 AM , Blogger stylenuggets said...

I love the thought of having a fireplace although when we did have one it took ages to start a fire. But I still love houses that do have them

 
At October 10, 2010 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

In love with these images...so evocative of fall and cuddling up in complete and total style! xx

 
At October 10, 2010 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Hamptontoes said...

That second image is over the top fabulous. I could sit in that space for an entire weekend never tire of looking at the interior or exterior space!

 
At October 10, 2010 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Daydream Living said...

Hi Stacey!
I love that first picture, one for me please!
And your new profile photo looks so good!
Hope your weekend was lovely, Bye,
Maureen

 
At October 10, 2010 at 10:38 PM , Blogger Sonja said...

These make me wish I had a fire place...and a hanging chair!
Gorgeous photos!
Hope you had a really great weekend :o)

 
At October 11, 2010 at 12:36 AM , Blogger heather said...

I love that first swing! I am usually so entranced with fires that it's hard to do anything else around them. Maybe chat with friends, drink warm drinks or wine and just kinda stare and watch the flames tango.

 
At October 11, 2010 at 1:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those pictures are beautiful! Definitely want to spend a fall day here :)

 
At October 11, 2010 at 8:46 AM , Blogger Kelly Frances Dunn said...

Hi Stacey!

I'm such a food person, I can't think of fire without it being attached to "marshmallows"! Love the image/interior. Dreamy and cozy. Isn't that what we all strive for??!!

Hope your weekend was great :)

Kelly

 
At October 19, 2010 at 3:06 PM , Blogger A.N.Ddesign said...

How sexy is all that wood!!! Now that is how you relax!!! hahaha

just started me blogg A.N.Ddesignblogg, lookinfg for people who are interested in vintage/modern interior design please take a peek!

http://and-design-blogg.blogspot.com/

cheers Anthony

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home