Thursday, September 30, 2010

My love for books...

My love for books in a home made me a tumblr sensation overnight. You all know how much i love the use of books as decor or simply just the presence of books in a home. See a post here. It's also no secret that i have a design tumblr. Well, yesterday i posted to my tumblr and took the day off from this one. That was a great idea!:-) I didn't even know that i had become a "superstar." My girl from Cabbage Rose who has the greatest tumblr was the one who sent me an email to tell what was going on. I had made the radar(tumblr jargon). Suffice it to say that  my followers have now passed the 900 mark(that's giddying) and that picture above has received 3,378notes/likes and counting. Awesome, isn't it? I guess my design addiction is reaping its benefits(so to speak).






 Here, it's still raining. In fact, the schools are on a two hour delay because of the weather. So, today, i'll be trying to stay dry:-). Also, thank you for your very lovely comments on my sneak peek. Have a great Thursday my friends. XX

{images-my tumblr, except #6}

Labels: , , ,

38 Comments:

At September 30, 2010 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Gina said...

oooo ooooo ooo!!!

i want to live in the first house.

i'll take any one they'd give me though, they are all pretty wonderful!

how awesome is that orange couch??? funfun

happy thursday <3

 
At September 30, 2010 at 9:21 AM , Blogger k said...

go you!!!!!! that is fun...tumblr can definitely be fun!!

 
At September 30, 2010 at 9:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i almost bought that orange couch in RED the other day - the red totallllly threw me off - i was thinking of getting white - but now seeing it in that room - i dunno - i might just go and buy it!!!!!

oh and i read, but not THAT much to have THAT many books - i like the design element of it all ALOT tho!!!

*kiss kiss*
Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~
Enter Give-Away Here: ~TiptoeButterfly Give-Away~

 
At September 30, 2010 at 9:52 AM , Blogger Jude said...

That is sooo awesome!! And hello...I so would be staring all day at these too! (I suddenly need that orange couch in a ginormous study stuffed with books :)). Hope you have a great un-wet day!

 
At September 30, 2010 at 10:06 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Always love books on display in homes. I especially love the office space or libraries you cna build to house them. Lovely.

 
At September 30, 2010 at 10:31 AM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous libraries, darling!
I love books too!

xoxox,
CC

 
At September 30, 2010 at 10:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love books! Those images are so cool and I like the aeroplanes in the second one... they would be great in my son's room!

 
At September 30, 2010 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Christmas-etc... said...

Hi!
I've come to you from Zabrinah's fabulous site!
Your site is awesome! I shall very happily "follow" along!
Ann

 
At September 30, 2010 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Signe said...

Yay, that is so much fun! :D

Big grats and once again great pictures, I am deeply in love with books as decration as well!

 
At September 30, 2010 at 10:49 AM , Blogger A House and Home said...

Looks like I'm not the only one obsessed with books or that orange couch! My husband HATES my books. More specifically carrying the heavy boxes every time we move...OK, so now I feel old. What the heck is tumblr? I'll have to check it out.

 
At September 30, 2010 at 11:01 AM , Blogger paislea said...

oh wow. those pictures are so cute! it'd be fun to have all of those books.

allisterbee.blogspot.com

 
At September 30, 2010 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

That is great news S!
I love the photos you have above- the mix of big windows and books is my favorite!

 
At September 30, 2010 at 11:36 AM , Blogger Jude said...

P.S. Just popped back in here to say (I'm not stalking you, I promise ;)) that I would've loved to see your Italian! And Congrats again on this awesome news!

 
At September 30, 2010 at 12:00 PM , Blogger www.majormusthaves.com said...

I love all the beautiful pics as usual. I really wish the first pic was my reality.

 
At September 30, 2010 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Diana Mieczan said...

Yay...that is so fun!!! Stunning photos,sweetie
Kisses and have a wonderful day

 
At September 30, 2010 at 1:23 PM , Blogger Kellie Collis said...

Beautiful libraries! Love that ladder from the first photo but I'd like to curl up and read a book or two from the orange couch. Kellie xx

 
At September 30, 2010 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Cat said...

Holla! Love, love, love books too! I mean the REAL books...with pages and everything! Not sure if I could get into the whole electronic book thing :) xo Cat

 
At September 30, 2010 at 1:53 PM , Blogger a little black cloud in a dress said...

One of these days I'm going to take the time to figure out Tumblr. I don't get it!

 
At September 30, 2010 at 2:06 PM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Congrats on Tumblr! I don't have one yet. I do follow a bunch of others though. I can't believe I didn't realize you had one. I'm following along now :)

Stay dry, sweetie! I'm so over this rain too. Between being in Atlanta on Sunday and getting poured on to coming back for two days of rain Mon-Tues and now a monsoon today, I'm just about DONE! Luckily I had a little break yesterday xoxo

 
At September 30, 2010 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Acquired Objects said...

I love books, can't get enough of them but they were starting to take over my life and home. Would you believe I just donated 67 boxes of books to our local library? Congratulations on the Tumblr!

 
At September 30, 2010 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Tanvi said...

Wow!!!! Simply WOW! I love books and I need one of these rooms for myself!

 
At September 30, 2010 at 3:21 PM , Blogger Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

How cool! I don't use Tumblr but I'm always behind with these kinds of things.

 
At September 30, 2010 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome! I adore Tumblr, that's where I first met you, actually! So cool, so happy for you! XX!

 
At September 30, 2010 at 4:01 PM , Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

That first one is AMAZING!!!

 
At September 30, 2010 at 5:44 PM , Blogger kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

you ALWAYS find the most amazing deisgn candy!

your blog is an addiction indeed, and if i knew what a tumblr was, i'd probably be hooked on that too. :P

congrats on being an official sensation. (it really was just a matter of time.)

 
At September 30, 2010 at 6:01 PM , Blogger Blair McLeod said...

i have way more books that what i have actually read! i just love collecting the. i keep making resolutions to finish the books i've started... but alas, i only ad more half finished books to the list!!

xo

 
At September 30, 2010 at 6:13 PM , Blogger NENSA MOON said...

I also love to see books on my home as a decor or to actually read indeed...
Love to see all the pics. Really inspiring!!

Have a fabolous day, my friend!
nensa

 
At September 30, 2010 at 6:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That first photo is amazing. And congrats on your tumbler. How does it feel to be a superstar?

 
At September 30, 2010 at 6:27 PM , Blogger this free bird said...

these rooms are all fantastic - love the open air concept which is so dreamy for reading a book.

wait a minute! i think i saw your house in the last post....it's on!!

xoxo,
carrie

 
At September 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM , Blogger Punctuation Mark said...

i have a bookcase that is nowhere near any of these... i looooove books!!!

 
At September 30, 2010 at 9:30 PM , Anonymous cabbage rose said...

Congratulations, Stacey...no one is more deserving than you are...your work is excellent...your style is off the charts! Loving all your tumblr and blog posts...YAY!

 
At September 30, 2010 at 11:28 PM , Blogger Leah said...

Lol we had the same idea today! Books are so awesome and you can never have too many!
Hope you had a great day!

Luvs!

 
At October 1, 2010 at 6:41 AM , Blogger MANDY said...

Great post, I love books !!!

 
At October 1, 2010 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Tina said...

Hallelujah! Books on open bookshelves works in every home. Great, great inspiration on this one!

 
At October 1, 2010 at 11:22 AM , Blogger Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Yes please!

 
At October 1, 2010 at 2:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those pictures
I wish my book collection were bigger
and thanks for your comment, you're so sweet

♥ Marley

 
At October 1, 2010 at 5:52 PM , Blogger Dr. Joy Seymour said...

I really love your photographs and I also love books myself. I wish I had the space to place books just as in the photographs. The bright photographs remind me of my country.

 
At October 3, 2010 at 2:20 AM , Blogger Sarah Klassen said...

Oh my goodness -- the 6th -- I think that I have landed in library heaven... wow!

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home