Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Great compilation.

NYT1
 Diane von Furstenberg’s Connecticut estate

My “must haves list” as far as design book purchases go keeps getting longer and longer. I have just added a new one to the list; “American Fashion Designers At Home.”  It’s written by Rima Suqi, a contributor to T and The New York Times and it also benefits the CFDA Foundation. The awesome thing about this book is that it showcases the homes of 115 CFDA members, from infamous names like Diane von Furstenberg and Kate Spade to relative newcomers like Band of Outsiders’ Scott Sternberg. These fabulous interiors are just a sneak peek of what you’ll see in the book.

NYT Dining room of Betsey Johnson-Of course, the wall colour would be pink too!:-)

NYT3Kate Spade’s Park Avenue apartment 

NYT4Can you believe that this is actually a bedroom? it belongs to the wife(Annette) of Oscar de la Renta and was designed by architect, Ernesto Buch. 

NYT5
Tory Burch’s Manhattan living room.

There is no doubt that this book is filled with lots of  “design goodness”. You could definitely place it on your Christmas wishlist too!
PS. Thank you for the juicer suggestions, the complements, and it was so funny that a number of you wanted to see a home tour. Who knows? I may just do a home tour:-)…Happy Tuesday my friends. XX

{images via this article}

Labels: , , ,

60 Comments:

At September 14, 2010 at 10:05 AM , Blogger stylebyrachael said...

Yes! I am going to need this book! And did you see Ralph and Ricky Lauren's Manhattan place? I love it because it is SO different from all of his lines!

Happy Tuesday!

 
At September 14, 2010 at 10:06 AM , Blogger stylebyrachael said...

PS Ralph Lauren's place is in Octobers Elle Decor

 
At September 14, 2010 at 10:38 AM , Blogger jeanette from everton terrace said...

Can we talk about the dining room?! Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. I don't even have words for the large bird painting - it's too fabulous.

 
At September 14, 2010 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Jude said...

I canNOT believe that is a bedroom! And I love that Betsey Johnson's living room reflects her fun use of colours and design sense from her fashion! These are all pulled together so magically.

 
At September 14, 2010 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Diana Mieczan said...

I so love the bedroom...Its stunning,chic and totally amazing!!!!
Its so hard to believe that this is really a bedroom...wow!
Kisses,sweetie

 
At September 14, 2010 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

i'll move into Betsey Johnson's house for sure!

 
At September 14, 2010 at 11:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love , love the first and 2nd pictures ... stunning!
Have to get that book!

yes, do a home tour... please!

xo

 
At September 14, 2010 at 11:30 AM , Blogger The Gallery Gal said...

I love to browse pictures of beautifully designed home and dream!

 
At September 14, 2010 at 11:48 AM , Anonymous cabbage rose said...

let's see, do i want to spend the weekend with betsey or tory...hmmm...tough choice! thanks for the book recommendation...on my way list.

 
At September 14, 2010 at 12:01 PM , Blogger E. Charlotte said...

Oooh! I need my hands on that book! I love getting a peak at those types of people's homes! Looks fabulous! :)

 
At September 14, 2010 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Lila said...

The bedroom is crazy. I love the ecletic feel of all of them.

 
At September 14, 2010 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Lila said...

PS new follower.

 
At September 14, 2010 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Linn said...

Loved these gorgeous photos:)
And you are one true beauty....no bull crap:)

Have a great day - SP

 
At September 14, 2010 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Gina said...

i would be in absolute heaven if i had a room in my home like Diane Von Ferstenburg's! It is my reading fantasy :)

and the green on the walls of Tory Burch's living room is beautiful. I kinda want to paint a room that color now!

 
At September 14, 2010 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Couture Carrie said...

Love all these spaces!
Gorgeous post, darling!

xoxox,
CC

 
At September 14, 2010 at 12:34 PM , Blogger THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

What a fabulous book! It's definitely going on my list. I just love getting peaks inside of designer's homes.

Hope you're having a fabulous Tuesday, sweetie! xoxo

 
At September 14, 2010 at 12:57 PM , Blogger samantha ramage said...

oh this book looks like it is too good!!!
need it for my coffee table right now!

xx
sami

 
At September 14, 2010 at 1:00 PM , Blogger Acquired Objects said...

I can't believe that third picture is a bedroom! Thanks for letting us know about the new book, it's going on my list!

 
At September 14, 2010 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Cat said...

Love the bookcases in the first shot...wow! I think I could spend over a year in that room and not get bored :) Have a lovely day! xo Cat

 
At September 14, 2010 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Style and Outfit said...

What elegant rooms!
http://styleandoutfit.blogspot.com/

 
At September 14, 2010 at 1:24 PM , Blogger Tanvi said...

Stunning Homes! I wish I was in one of them RIGHT NOW! :) Haha

 
At September 14, 2010 at 1:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems great
I think I'll add that book to my wish list

Marley

 
At September 14, 2010 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Paula said...

This post is just what I needed - am desperate to see some 'book shelf' as well as 'book' inspiration - thank you! Also - I TAGGED you today! Hope you don't mind - feel free to answer the questions if you want to! xx

 
At September 14, 2010 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Jaime @ laviejaime said...

That first room...all the books, just amazing!

 
At September 14, 2010 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Tonia Lee Smith said...

NOPE, I can't believe that's a bedroom! It looks like a living room. It's so much going on I wouldn't be surprise if there where a kitchenette in there.

 
At September 14, 2010 at 3:08 PM , Blogger OneCraftyFox said...

Crushing over all those bookshelves, I'm such a bookworm!

 
At September 14, 2010 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Aspirante a Miss Divina. said...

A ver... mmmmmm... ¿en cual de las fotografías entro a vivir?
Jejejejejejeje...
Un besito preciosa.
P.D.: ¿Nos enseñarás algún día tu casa?

 
At September 14, 2010 at 3:20 PM , Blogger kelli g. { bug miscellany } said...

omg, i'm LOVING DVF's library. magnificent!

this book sounds like a def must-read (must-see? must-page-thru? whatevs. you know what i mean. :P).

 
At September 14, 2010 at 3:44 PM , Blogger MANDY said...

Really loving the green couch in the last pic and the red chair in the one before that. XXX

 
At September 14, 2010 at 4:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

OMG, every one of these I gasped out loud! So, so gorgeous, I love BJ's home, love all the pink, and I adore Kate Spade's, it looks just like her! XX!

 
At September 14, 2010 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Flotsam Friends said...

Hi Stacey, It's Betsey Johnson all the way for me... How amazing are those chairs with the kind of fluro yellow backs and cushions... Insane. I also love the green lounge in Tory Burch's home, doesn't that leopard print pillow look amazing on it... You rock with your posts. Pruxxx P.S. Thanks for your thoughtful words about my GM. Really appreciated them. Px

 
At September 14, 2010 at 6:13 PM , Blogger this free bird said...

Stacy that top picture literally took my breath away. Good grief. It's seriously my dream space.

I guess I'll go cry in the corner now.

xoxo,
Carrie

 
At September 14, 2010 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Elle Sees said...

i am enamored with the houses of the wealthy.

 
At September 14, 2010 at 10:08 PM , Blogger Ms. Pink said...

that first picture is perfect and I need bookshelves like that!

mp
http://www.thepinkandblueblog.com/

 
At September 14, 2010 at 10:13 PM , Blogger Jade Purple Brown said...

wow! i really enjoyed this post, i love all the book cases in the first photo!

jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

 
At September 14, 2010 at 11:14 PM , Blogger Punctuation Mark said...

another one to add to the list must be any of the Slim Aarons and Herb Rits... great photography by great masters!

 
At September 14, 2010 at 11:29 PM , Blogger J. said...

WANT WANT WANT that black and white printed love seat!!! It totally reminds me of 101 dalmations!

 
At September 15, 2010 at 12:42 AM , Anonymous Anna @ Around My Table said...

I'm new to your blog and just thought I would say HI and how I like your posts. I will be back ;)

 
At September 15, 2010 at 12:53 AM , Blogger Delishhh said...

Love the first picture! Awedome!

 
At September 15, 2010 at 1:25 AM , Blogger Stacy said...

oh my, these pictures are so inspiring!
I wish I had a home of my own to decorate :)

xStace

PS. Come enter my jewellery giveaway:
Ji Ji Kiki Giveaway

 
At September 15, 2010 at 2:45 AM , Blogger Sami said...

it's really nice decoration i likie it....

web design
mlm software

 
At September 15, 2010 at 6:52 AM , Blogger The Franglaise said...

Wow, I love that library in the first picture! I'd love to have one so big that I need a ladder! :)

 
At September 15, 2010 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

YUP, you just convinced me! Adding this book to the tippy top of my list as well!

 
At September 15, 2010 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

That first pic is AMAZING.

 
At September 15, 2010 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Diana Mieczan said...

Ps: I am hosting a sweet jewelry GIVEAWAY today :) Hope you will join in!!!

Kisses,sweetie

 
At September 15, 2010 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Tina said...

Yes this book will go on my wish list as well. There´s just nothing like a 'real home´- inspiration!
Hugs!

 
At September 15, 2010 at 11:28 AM , Blogger Tina said...

Forgot to write down that the first pic is my favourite one(like anyone cares:))...

 
At September 15, 2010 at 1:13 PM , Anonymous Kelly@ColorSizzle said...

Nice photos! Especially Betsey Johnson's dining room - she's not afraid to mix colors and styles. Love it!

 
At September 15, 2010 at 1:18 PM , Blogger paislea said...

oh wow! this is such a great book! i would love to have it!!

allisterbee.blogspot.com

 
At September 15, 2010 at 2:00 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love DVF's room - amazing! It lokos like I will need to add this book to my collection too. thanks for sharing!

 
At September 15, 2010 at 2:50 PM , Blogger heather said...

Oh wow! That's a bedroom? Where's the bed? It's like a palace! :)

 
At September 15, 2010 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

woooow! Stacey these are so stunning!!! I love Betsey's dining room, so pretty and Kate Spade's style is undeniable. What a great post girl! x

 
At September 15, 2010 at 4:25 PM , Blogger Phuong said...

looks great!

 
At September 15, 2010 at 11:51 PM , Blogger bravegrrl said...

wow, i think i'm gonna have to try and pick up this book! what a great find. my fav out of the pictures you have posted is dvf's!!!!

 
At September 16, 2010 at 12:32 AM , Blogger Kelly Frances Dunn said...

Pink walls, yellow chairs! You could have a lemonade fest and it wouldn't matter if anything spilled :) LOVE that.

Tour, tour, tour

And the crowd will most definitely go wild!!

XO,

Kelly

 
At September 16, 2010 at 3:00 AM , Blogger CHECKS AND SPOTS said...

Wowzers! I'll take a library like DvF's!

 
At September 16, 2010 at 3:25 AM , Blogger Mom Daughter Style said...

im trying to organize my apartment and its great that i found your blog. love the pictures

 
At September 16, 2010 at 12:00 PM , Blogger Suzanne Anas Jurich said...

The first image is killing me! ...so beautiful!

 
At September 16, 2010 at 8:22 PM , Blogger S and O said...

Those rooms are amazing! I wish I had that really giant bed room :D

Xoxo
Sarah

 
At September 16, 2010 at 8:25 PM , Blogger bron @ baby space said...

Am sure I could pour over this book for hours - great find!

 

Post a Comment

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home