Friday, September 19, 2014

A Very Unique All White Loft in New York City.

The all white aesthetic and black floors allow everything to pop and "strut their stuff". The design of this NY loft is quite unique and no surprise since it was designed by the amazing architect, Diane Lewis.  It is a restored 19th century space and its design doesn't adhere to the constraints of traditional domestic architecture. Also, many of my favorite modern designers such as Knoll, Le Corbusier adorn the open space.





This unique home is a single space with floor-to-ceiling walls on two sides. A large box with original flooring, 19th century cast iron columns and no walls. The furniture can be freely positioned to define the spaces. This loft certainly has a New York type of attitude, doesn't it? Very fearless and bold in its design. xx

via

6 comments :

  1. w o w - freaking fabulous

    judy from fort worth
    gjazaks@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. F A N T A S T I C! What more would you want; open space, chic, white, vintage and in one of the greatest cities in the world?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am crushing on that black floor.


    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very striking! There is definitely a point of view here. I love it all!! Ciao, ciao

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY Chic!! I would love it and those high ceilings.. !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a bright white space...and those dark floors with it are just stunning! Hope you have had a wonderful September so far Stacey! I am finally back blogging again ~ have missed you!!

    xoxo Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).