Friday, March 4, 2011

Guest Post : Loft A, Paris, via Katherine of Cabbage Rose

image
Happy day everyone! It is such an honor to have been asked by beautiful Stacey to write a guest post
for Design Addict Mom. I am Katherine from Cabbage Rose. Coming from my tumblr venue, I am a
woman of few words, so I will let the images below of the exquisite Loft A in Paris by designer Sarah
Lavoine speak for themselves. 

Let’s begin…

image
Hardwood floors… furniture upholstered in linen…nooks, angles, and beams…there is a relaxed feeling here. A retreat in the middle of the City of Lights…

image
We find natural elements, artwork, a touch of nature…and then an unexpected bold pop of blue. 

image
image
A place for solace…

image
Or gathering…

image
Table set…candles lit…wine to be poured…let’s linger a bit, shall we?

And linger, we shall Katherine! If you’ve been a long time follower, you know that Katherine is the reason I decided to start my tumblr blog(see this post) She is an inspiration and her blog is beyond amazing! Recently featured on Dwell, Cabbage Rose is a go to resource for architectural students and design addicts like myself. Thank you so much for this exquisite post Katherine! In addition, thank you to Sheila of Teaching Literacy and Shawn of Amuse-Bouches for their very wonderful posts to round out this fabulous tumblr week. I hope to surface- literally(head emerging from boxes) and pop in with updates for you all next week. Also, fingers crossed the internet will be up and running. Have a superb weekend my friends! XX

21 comments :

  1. Woooow!!!!I can't wait 4 the next post...i love your blog, i like see houses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week has been fun reading and meeting new bloggerss through this series, thank you everyone!All the ladies have been so inspirational. We miss you Stacey, hurry back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning dear ones! You give me a boost before I go out into the work place!!! GREAT IMAGES!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katherine,

    Ahhh...Paris...You refueled my love for that city!

    As always, you post is exquisite. I am a huge fan of yours on Tumblr and am always in awe of your eye for design.

    xo,
    Sheila (teachingliteracy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi girl...
    Gorgeous photos:)

    Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, and knowing what's right outside the door makes it even more enticing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a gorgeous space. look at the way the light dances around the room....sigh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love the images at Cabbage Rose and this is exactly why!! Have a great weekend Stacey xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great spaces, so lovely! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore her tumblr...happy weekend, Stacey!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm never such an apartment girl. I've always preferred a house no matter how small it is, but this loft might just change my mind ;p Yes, that's how beautiful it is...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this home! Feels welcoming and I could move right in. Oh and the Buddah, think that every home should have one for balance and to add some spirituality to the place.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the linen slipcover on the sofas~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great place to unwind! I love the chic style blended with simplicity. Thanks for sharing! I will have to check out Cabbage Rose! :) Best of luck with the house, Stacey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much beauty!!! I love that little buddha with his long necklaces. I have one in my bedroom and he's wearing my necklaces, as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a bust wearing necklaces, I guess I must increase my bust and get a BUDdha :) I hope you are well and enjoying the excitement of unwrapping a new dwelling place. I know that drill well!! XO, KElly

    ReplyDelete
  18. No words needed, Katherine! You picked beautiful images for both the eyes and the soul.

    Stacey, I saw your comment over at Komma Hem, that you have re-surfaced! Welcome back! You have been missed - but you lined up some really creative and fabulous guests.

    Warm hugs,

    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the soft white couches, looks like a good place to relax. :) Enjoy your day. Stacey I hope your doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful photos, I especially love the bold blue in the gathering room. It's very original and unique. Have great day!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).