Monday, July 2, 2012

Modern in Texas.


I’ve always loved the cactus plant and this home showcases several of them in its zen-like landscape. It’s no surprise that the homeowners opted for this type of landscape since their location is Houston where I’m sure it’s sizzling. These are hardy plants that can tolerate the heat.


Constructed by architect, Allen Bianchi, the home though elegantly appointed is still unpretentious. Their pets seem to have free reign of the different spaces and their needs obviously played a role in the design.

I notice that concrete is the material of choice for the floor which makes sense since it helps to keep the home cool. It’s also a very lovely neutral backdrop for their modern furnishings.


in love!

what’s not to love here? besides the adorable doggie, i’d love to have that orange top dining table!




my showers would be very long with a shower like this…

Many of us are experiencing heat waves. Please be cautious and stay hydrated. My heart especially goes out to the folks in Colorado fighting the fires... XX

P.S. Hollie, i know you'll love this one!!

18 comments :

  1. good grief, there are no words. I want to make out with this house. cactus, freaking, heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great home- I love the pops of color everywhere-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello wet room?! What an amazing space? I can't wait to start pinning! Sorry i've been radio silent for a while!

    The dining chairs in contrast with the wooden table is lush and the details throughout the home... sigh!

    Hope all is well with you.
    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  4. This home looks very much likes some homes recently built not far from where I live. I love the patio and the shower, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that KITCHEN! And the clean no-nonsense lines are so inviting, especially in this HEAT! I don't know about you dearest, but we are having a sizzler here today!

    KEEP COOL! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow, what an amazing find! love every corner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before starting my blog reading today, I set 1 goal, I have to read at least 1 good blog..this it. I am success!!!

    Excellent. I should follow you my dear

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow it's gorgeous...i love how big and airy it seems...

    ReplyDelete
  9. that bathroom is to die for! seriously, i would live in that shower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous house. So many great rooms - and it seems the owners have a bit of a sense of humour too - which I always enjoy. The shower is fantabulous!

    Stay cool and enjoy all the ice cream which goes with summer!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you look closely at the rooms they really did do a wonderful job of mixing so many design elements into the house. Love the fireplace!

    Enjoy your Fourth!
    XX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a sucker for open spaces. This is such a wonderful house to live in.

    ∞ © tanvii.com ∞

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that stone fire place and man those rooms are sooooooo big! Happy July 4 to everyone and Id like to invite everyone to my post "Lancaster on 4 wheels part 2 this coming Thursday. Richard

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a magnificent bathroom! I also am taken by the large cactus plant, I love that space. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous. I love how confident each choice is: GIANT cactic, bright colors; all against a neutral backdrop that is welcoming. I'm always impressed when sleek spaces like this are so welcoming. The wall art behind the kitchen table is perfectly coordinated. Art always adds that extra personal touch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing place!Love it!It's totally gorgeous!Your bathroom is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).