Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Splendid Willow Kids and Danish Design

Danish1
There is something innately sexy about the design of Danish furniture or accessory.  To me, a Danish piece equals classical, well made and as such will always be relevant.  Well, guess what!?


Thanks to the wonderful Monika and her shop, Splendid Willow Avenue, I now have not one, but two gorgeous Danish designed pieces! You’re looking at one of them here. This one is called Mouse Big Brother in a Matchbox. I bought this for Baby Ian’s nursery and we all know who that is supposed to be looking over his little brother. Yep, you guessed it; Zion of course!


The next gorgeous piece is this Blue Wooden Pram.  It’s truly adorable and very well made. They both are!
IMG_9968
I love the retro vibe that they add to the nursery. I have been taking my time to put the nursery together and I love the direction it’s taking. I have another major nursery related reveal to make that was a result of a lovely collaboration with another close blogger friend and extraordinaire! It’s not quite ready to be revealed yet, but I am bursting at the seams with excitement!! I love blogland , the relationships formed, the exposure to different cultures and thanks to bloggers like Monika who have made it possible for  Danish Design to be  Within ReachSmile.

I am now eyeing Mouse Little Brother in a Matchbox and Mama and Papa Mouse in a Cigar Box to add to the collection. Have a great Tuesday everyone! XX

{images- dwr & here}

22 comments :

  1. ahhhh! that's so cute!!! i love these little nice!!!

    allister bee blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable. Makes me wish I had a nursery to design (not mine though:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How incredibly cute! Wishing you a lovely winter evening!

    Kristin♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are soooo cute, and wonderful additions to your growing family. I love Mon and all of her beautiful goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so adorable!! What wonderful pieces to add to the kid's rooms :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so thrilled to let you know that two adorable mice also live in our home here in Sweden! :)
    They are so amazing and the kids adore them!

    Monika has impeccable taste and her shop is filled to the brim with wonderful Scandinavian treasures. These mice were really just the cherry on an already perfect cake!

    Now what could that other 'big reveal' be.. I wonder..!? :))
    Can't wait!

    xx Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  7. ciao bella, how are you doing??? so happy to visit your blog again!!! wish you a brilliant 2012

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacey!!! I just sold a mouse box to a customer this morning mentioning your fab blog. Hmmmm? And now I am coming over to this totally unexpected treat!

    Thank you so much for mentioning my little store. You are a wonderful friend and I know that Mouse Brother could not have picked a better home! I will sleep well tonight! (:

    Love to you and your beautiful family.

    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mice are so cute, you should add Mama and Papa to the mix so you'll have a mouse family just like yours. I can't wait to see what you've done with Ian's nursery!

    Hugs!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute, Stacey!!! I can't wait for the next nursery reveal :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How presh! I love little mice like this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know of anything design related I love more than danish furniture. It makes my heart skip a beat. :]

    And those mice! Holy moly. Cutest things ever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The mouse box is super cute!!!! Love the Danish furniture....thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday, following yours:)

    Inspiration for You, Your Home, & Everywhere in Between!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're absolutely adorable! And you're so right about Danish funiture. How wonderful that you have these!

    Happy New Year, Stacey! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will check the website! Those are beyond adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH DEAR! I have GOT to get some of these!!!!!!! DEAREST HOW ARE YOU? Are you enjoying the baby boys? LOOKS LIKE IT!!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  17. How adorable!!!

    :)

    P.S. Thank you soooooooo much for your kind compliments. You always the sweetest things!

    ♡ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are both too adorable.

    BTW I love the drink cart in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these little mice!!! Vintage appeal. And also love that they came from Monika's shop. Isn't it fun when we have access to great design through each other!!

    Hope all is well with 2 little boys! I love having 2 of my own!!

    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  20. @ Monika, that's great news! I love your shop! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cute!!!

    Happy new year dear!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).