Monday, July 14, 2014

Painted Lower Cabinets in Kitchen Designs.

Photo Jun 30, 7 13 19 PM
Painting the lower cabinets in a  contrasting color from the rest of the kitchen or the upper cabinets, OR using a different material from  the upper cabinets is a design trend that many designers and homeowners seem to be embracing. It’s a great way to add interest and contrast in the kitchen. Of course, I found the best examples for you to peruse and decide if this look is for you…
 
Photo Jul 14, 9 13 13 AM
Photo Apr 12, 2 12 20 PM
Photo Jul 14, 9 55 00 AM
Photo Dec 05, 11 49 05 AM
Photo Apr 03, 2 57 24 PM
Photo Sep 09, 12 41 00 PM (1)
Photo Jul 14, 10 30 30 AM
Photo Jul 14, 10 37 09 AM
Photo Jul 14, 10 31 32 AM
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and here’s to a beautiful week! xx
 
{images: via, via}

12 comments:

Vel Criste said...

I love this trend, makes me think of painting up mine! :-)

therelishedroost said...

I love anything that gives a kitchen interest and I think it works very well!

Phyllis Trevor Higgerson, Henhurst Interiors said...

I love this look. In our kitchen the lower cabinets seem to get more wear, I will try this in the next kitchen. The first photo is my dream.
xo,
Phyllis

Lisa Gordon said...

Hmmm, I think I'm still partial to natural wood, but the first ones are very pretty. I just LOVE that wall-mounted hutch.

You have a wonderful week, sweet friend! xo.

Tina Gleisner said...

Think this works well with most color combinations you've picked. What seems important is to have a clear dividing line between the upper & lower so that your eyes don't keep jumping around, e.g. don't like blackboard over robin blue base cabinets. Also don't like the green, black & white - fighting too much for attention. Guess my favorites are the white upper with almost anything nice below.

zanetastyle said...

Wow you are at the top of things!! Love it and it is very cool eclectic idea that is quite inspiring ... Suddenly I don't appreciate the very same too to bottom kitchens anymore ((: well I never did but the examples you picked are lovely.

zanetastyle said...

Hi Stacey! I am well and happy to see you are so relevant!! Xox z

Loi Thai, Tone on Tone said...

Such a cool look, Stacey! I love how "unfitted" some of these kitchens look - fabulous!! Cheers, L

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning Stacey! WOW these are just lovely rooms....hey, the link party has started and are you still participating? Please let me know because people are starting to visit and I don't want people to not come back if there isn't a related post. THANKS! Anita

Constance said...

Hi again Stacey,
I'd never thought of this before, but what a clever idea to have the lower cabinets a different color or material!

donna bailey said...

This is such a great idea to add some colours in the kitchen. Love it! Thanks for the inspiration!
Dry carpet cleaners Bromley

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I have always loved this look and often wondered if I would be brave enough to do this. The first image is the one that I love the best.