Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Plant Infused Spaces.

Plant Infused Spaces
I recently had to reluctantly embrace the sedentary lifestyle and I have somewhat been banished to my bedroom, well mostly my bed. Although I am not happy about not being able to freely roam and rearrange and lift as I please, this slow pace and rest is exactly what I need. Being stuck in bed for hours led me to thinking about what I would enjoy looking at being stuck in a recovery space for a period of time(much like I am now).  Plants immediately came to mind, hence the title of today's post. Unfortunately, my bedroom isn’t smothered in plant delight, but I do have a succulent in there. Here are some plant infused spaces I’m loving…

Plant Infused Spaces
Plant Infused Spaces
Plant Infused Spaces
Plant Infused Spaces
Plant Infused Spaces
Plant Infused Spaces
Plants are well known for their air purification qualities and I posted about their feng shui implications here last year.  For my living spaces, I gravitate towards sculptural plants like the mother in law tongue, the fiddle fig, the zzz plant, the bonsai. and of course succulents. However, on my screened in porch, I have a variety of plants. What’s your take on plant infused spaces? xx
{images via my tumblr}

10 comments :

  1. I certainly hope your feeling better Stacey dear. A big yes to me, I've just been finishing up posts for next week and it's all about our updating our plants in the backyard. Indoors though, I go for sculptural too and not-so-easy-to-kill kind, like orchids, bonsai and succulents. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank the plant goddess every day I walk into our dining area and my fiddle fig is green, happy, and growing! Plants do add a fresh layer to any space. I have plans for a MIL-tongue plant in a dark FR corner since they don't require much light. And much more importantly, take good care, sending positive thoughts for a speedy and perfect recovery. Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear that you're stuck in bed. I do hope you'll be up and about soon.

    I do like a room with plants. I don't have much of a green thumb myself, so I try to stick with something small.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacey, sorry to hear you've not been too good . Hope you're feeling better now.
    I love indoor plants with flowers - orchids, hydrangea or perhaps a patio rose. They last much longer than cut flowers and it's so lovely to see green when you walk into a room.
    Hope you have a lovely week,
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luvvvvv house plants!! For my 40th (a while back :) Tom drove us from DC to MA so I could get a van load of topiaries for my birthday. This was in February during a blizzard! Feel better soon, Stacey!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOod morning my friend! I wish you health and healing NOW! Plants however, are a great "friend" to have around because I think that for most of us, that GREEN power really has many properties of life and even healing for us. Just viewing and often gardening amongst my lush boxwoods, I get a peace over me. Indoor plants for me have to be tight, clipped and neat. Oh how I wish you healing! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure hope you're feeling better, Stacey.

    I am one of those people who has plants in every room, including the bathrooms! They just make a room feel more alive.

    You take REAL good care of you, my friend. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look that a fresh plant brings to any room in the house, not to mention the health benefits! So hope you are feeling better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GOod morning Stacey! So good to see your comment this morning. I hope you and the boys are enjoying a cool and fun summer! And the man...he is with you? Thank you for coming by and yes, I am devouring as much reading material as possible. At the moment, I'm reading all I can from Maya Angelou. I had never read her before, and I am hooked. Then, it's some French novels, poetry and more memoirs!

    Much love to you and the boys, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Find best Home based Business without any work, just invest and rest with your profit
    EarningsClub.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).