Wednesday, October 9, 2013

One Room Challenge: Week Two

Photo Oct 05, 12 23 35 PM
I barely made today’s post…Anyway, last week, I mentioned that I planned on placing black out drapes/lined drapes at my windows. However,  I saw this room(above) and now I am really liking the stream lined look of the barely there window coverings. The headboard wall is very similar to the one above(this room was trending on Houzz last week).   I think I would prefer to have  more control of how much light I want in the room, so

Photo Oct 09, 11 46 04 AM
maybe, window coverings like these? Decisions, decisions. I’ve at least made up my mind about the wallpaper.

Photo Sep 30, 11 37 36 AM
Yep, this room is back again this week. It is worthy of a double appearance or even triple. I love it that much! Anyway, I fell in love with this wallpaper and although I had decided against papering the headboard wall in our Master bedroom because of the existing windows, I changed my mind. After much studying of the room and it’s view from other spaces, I kept returning to that wall as the one to be featured. Plus, I think it will highlight our headboard beautifully. Justina Blakeney who designed this gorgeous space gave me the brand name(Schumacher) and source of the paper and my wall paper guy came by to measure the wall to determine how many rolls I would need to order. Hopefully, I will have this beauty on the wall for next week’s post.  Can’t wait! I’d love to hear your thoughts about my window treatment woes too.To take a look at week one’s post, click here. Let’s hop on over to the others to see what they’ve acomplished so far! xx

18 comments :

  1. That wallpaper is going to look amazing. And I like the idea of the shades that sort of fade into the widow like in the first image. Decisions decisions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love those shades in the first photograph, Stacey, and the color combination in the last is just wonderful!!
    Thank you so much for sharing this here. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that wallpaper is everything! I think its very exciting! Can't wait to see it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the wallpaper will be the star and whatever you do in the windows does not need to stand alone. Can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well for me...I gotta have dark when I sleep....although I got to sleep in the dark and maybe it would be good to get up with the sun! Love that Schumacher wallpaper:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am officially jealous of that wallpaper. Someone told me that you can get bamboo blinds in black-out? It might be the perfect complement to your paper. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow - super bold and amazing decision! its gonna look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Completely on board with the wallpaper! Still struggling with many of the decisions for my kitchen - I can relate to your struggle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg i'm drooling over that wallpaper! love! can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That wallpaper is bold and exciting! Can't wait to see it in your room!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stacey!
    I hope you are doing ok. Very sorry to read your previous post...

    Love that first pic. Can´t wait to see what you´ll come up to.

    Sending lots and lots of Love!!

    //Tina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello there my dear! I am loving following this journey! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  13. That wallpaper is gorgeous Stacey and I think it will go well on any wall in your room . But I agreee with not putting it behind the bed in yours.

    So sorry with what happened to your close friend... praying for them and for you too...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Inspiration photo #3 is a showstopper. I will be forever envious if you end up with this wallpaper situation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do love those subtle shades and ooh that wallpaper is gorgeous! It is bold, fun, stylish and so you!


    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  16. That wallpaper is going to be so fabulous in your room.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have romans in my bedroom and I love they way they look but it's so black and white as to seeing out the window. You can either have all privacy or no privacy. I've not switched to drapes yet and maybe I'll do a combo...decisions, decisions. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stacey I love the wallpaper!! It's going to look fabulous. Window treatments are so tricky. I recently made draperies for our master bedroom that faces Golden Pond. There's a security light that shines into our window at night that needed to be shut out. I sew and ordered some black faux silk from an Etsy shop (that was wonderful) and made my draperies on rings. I made white thermal panels to hang behind them separately. Easier for cleaning and gives a white appearance from the outside. We are going in the black grey silver tones for our bedroom redo. So much fun!

    I know you'll chose the right solution for your room. The wallpaper is going to be the big feature in your room. I'm looking forward to seeing your room as it progresses.

    Blessings, Edie Marie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).