Friday, February 22, 2013

Are you well lit?

“The best-lit rooms have layers of light that blend well together,” ~ architect and designer David Rockwell.

design interiors
Ambient, task, accent, and decorative are categories of lighting that we should think about when lighting and choosing lighting for a room. Natural light is best but when natural light sources are limited there should be plenty of light sources.

interiors
Layering is important because natural light changes throughout the day. Sit in all the rooms of your home throughout the day and you will notice where lighting needs to be supplemented. The right kind of lighting in the right space will add a glow and a warmth to your surroundings.

books
office
This flush ceiling light paired with the lamp for task lighting makes this office efficient. The natural light makes it even more liveable and inviting.

interiors design
Pendant lighting is a great way to light your dining table…

interiors modern
How is the lighting in your home?  Some of the rooms in my home could definitely do with some more layers of lighting. In addition, I have been meaning to add dimmers to some very key lighting areas. I think dimmers are essential in some areas. What do you think?

In other news: Both kiddos have been quite sick with horrible ear infections, coughs, runny noses, lack of appetite and feversSad smile.  I am hoping there will be a breakthrough for them this weekend and they’ll feel much better!   Blessings and happy weekend everyone! XX

{images: tumblr, via, via, via}

6 comments :

  1. Good morning my dear! It is as if you said, "This post is for Anita." Every shade of gray/white with the crystals and the texture, with a splash of color, is JUST FOR ME. How lovely it is to go to a blog and feel as if the author designed the post just for you.

    Hugs and have a lovely day. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. every single light in my house is on a dimmer - that was #1 on my reno list of MUST haves! ... working on the PERFECT outdoor lights now

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could definitely use some more lighting in my house! The natural light is horrible. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two rooms in my home that are crying out for more lighting so great post to get me working on it. I'm so sorry your little men have been so sick and hope they feel better quickly. Sending hugs your way!

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could use dimmer in at least three rooms. Thanks for this motivating post! Hope your boys feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stacey,
    Your post has prompted me think again about the lighting (or lack of!) in a couple of our rooms.
    Great inspiration.
    Sorry to hear about your boys feeling poorly. Hope they get better soon.
    Much love,
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).