Thursday, November 29, 2012

Doubling Up: Wreath Action

DSC_0353
How are you my lovelies? I hope everyone had a fabulous Thanksgiving! I had out of town guests/family visiting so I was busy entertaining. Now onto this front door! Such a festive front door, is it not? I went with two wreaths instead of one because I wanted to keep things simple but still have a wow factor. In addition, I didn't want to compete with my orange door as it’s a statement piece on its own.

DSC_0352
I chose the deep plum ribbon to tie in with the colour of the foyer(which you see as you open the door) and the red ribbon is to tie in the rest of the wreaths on the outside that have red ribbons.  The colour of the door is Fireball Orange by Benjamin Moore.

P.S. Yes, I repainted the doorSmile.  For my new readers, the door used to be yellow. Read more about it here. Have a wonderful day everyone. XX

16 comments:

FASHIONISMYWAY by Cristina L and Morphine J said...

This door is amazing *-*

http://fashionismyway.blogspot.it/

benjiinteriors said...

Nice door. I like the way the ribbons are causally wrapped around the bottom wreath... nothing too fussy.

benjiinteriors said...

Nice door. I like the way the ribbons are causally wrapped around the bottom wreath... nothing too fussy.

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime said...

I love this idea! Looks great.

The Snowdrop Project said...

Hi Stacey,
Love the door and wreaths.
Very Christmassy!
Have a lovely day,
Liz x

The Buzz Blog said...

Wouldn't it be great if your house number was actually 8? Love this idea and may have to file it away for next year!
xxoo
C + C

Laurie said...

Digging the double down! Well done.

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Girl, this look is ON THE MONEY! I love the double wreath.

Loi Thai, Tone on Tone said...

Stacey,
Love the double wreaths! Very clever and festive, indeed. Look forward to seeing your Christmas decor inside :)
Loi

Acquired Objects said...

Stacy I love your front door! Ours is orange also actually more of a burnt Autumn orange that we matched to a leaf. Love the wreath idea so nothing clashes.

Hugs to you my friend!
Debra~

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning beautiful one! I could not enter your blog yesterday; I had some troubles! But today I see that you are many steps ahead of the game here....TWO WREATHS! WHY NOT!!!!!!!

Enjoy your weekend Anita

Lisa Gordon said...

Stacey, I absolutely LOVE this!
Never thought about putting 2 wreaths together.
Thank you for the inspiration, my friend!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
xo.

A BRIT GREEK said...

The double wreath is fantastic! I love the front door -the whole look/colours!
Thank you for your kind words! Have a happy December!
x.o.x.o

Chic 'n Cheap Living said...

I thought something was different about the door! The ribbons are just lovely dear! It is great to see you blogging again and I hope you got something at ASOS!

xoxo,
Chic 'n Cheap Living

Fashion-isha said...

Really nice! Have a wonderful week!
xo
Sharon

Brandi said...

Gosh Stacey, I love the new color on your door. Your wreaths are a beautiful accent.