Monday, April 25, 2011

Farmhouse Chic via Arcadian Home Decor

I am happy to have Arcadian Home Decor here today to share their expertise with you. Arcadian Home Decor is one of the best sources for home decor accessories at discount prices. Founded in 2002, Arcadian Home originally started selling decorative home lighting fixtures and lamps online, and has become one of the top Internet retailers for home lighting products. Today, the topic of Farmhouse chic will be explored by this very talented group. Take it away guys!
Farmhouse and chic are probably not two words you hear that often when thinking of new interior design ideas.  When one thinks of “farmhouse,” images of ruggedness, rustic and weathered come to mind.  Images of modernity, simplicity and style come to mind when one thinks of “chic.”  But make no mistake, even farmhouses, barns, cottages and the like can be chic, modern, and fashionable.  Even if you are not lucky enough to live in a converted farmhouse or barn, the look can still be recreated.  Fill your home with vintage items and other home décor antiques.  In the kitchen, consider using a weathered wooden picnic table and matching benches.  Any color palette works within farmhouse chic interiors: neutral or colorful.
Arch Daily
(via)
A mix of mid-century modern furniture – chairs by Jens Rinsom and Harry Bertoia, for example- look right at home in the wide-open space of this converted barn.
xJavier
(via)
This rustic green kitchen is beautiful with a lot of pots and pans on display, a vintage rug, and matching antique table and chairs.
Country Living
(via)
Eggshell-colored walls, a tile-stone floor and weathered, wooden accents are beautiful in this rustic kitchen.
(via)
The designer and owner of this hamlet in Virgina calls the decor, “Modern Barn.”  It is actually a converted 19th century farmhouse and it's quite easy to see that while there is a rustic, hardy feel to the place, it's anything but Old MacDonald.  A neutral palette, a cowhide rug, a lot of weathered wood, and a sofa finished in leather and linen keep this farmhouse modern.
Country Living
(via)
Painted white trusses, and a grand stone-covered fireplace are the central focus in this converted farmhouse.  But notice how teal-colored, velvet wingback chairs, bright canary yellow pillows and a striped rug, add to the rustic, chic look of this living room.  One of the keys to achieving the farmhouse chic look is mix fabric, color, texture or all of them.
When it comes to recreating these interior design ideas into your home, stick to a lot of weathered or vintage pieces, but don't be afraid of color.  And remember that you can really be stylish and rugged at the same time. I enjoyed this post and i hope you all did too! Thank you Arcadian Home Decor! Don't forget to visit them for all your accessories and lighting needs!

 {Content provided by Arcadian Home Decor}

29 comments :

  1. Rustic elegance --- sooo pretty! I dream of building a home like one of these on my husband's family ranch someday. Bookmarking these ideas!

    Hope you had a fabulous Easter!
    xo E

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely a fan of the farmhouse style! I love the clean white look of the second to last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the right setting, this looks so good. Having a large house and a great view makes the farmhouse style a success

    ReplyDelete
  4. i heart the barn look-- which is precisely why i am having my wedding in a barn setting! it's the next best thing to living in one!

    xo
    sami
    ps. did you see my giveaway this week?
    http://glimpseofglamour.blogspot.com/2011/04/love-ly-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. what great Great Rooms- the high ceiling and beams are so classic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, that first room is STUNNING!! I loved this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wonder if such stunning houses are real!!!:-))) simply lovely kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Stacy, THESE ARE TWO WORDS THAT GO TOGETHER WELL in my vocab!!!! THose turquoise chairs....OMG. This is the way to live, with chic and comfort! Are you having a great week so far? How is school? We are wrapping things up and soon (7 weeks) we will be OFF! Have a lovely day, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking for a rustic wooden sofa table like that one above-SO hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love post and beam construction and the whole farmhouse chic and rustic chic look...
    beautiful images..
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful spaces- this is one of my favorite style pairings! I love the suggestions they give about using weathered pieces and not being afraid of using color! Great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trust me I live in a farmhouse so I know you can make it very chic. These are beautiful examples of rustic chic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the 'Modern Barn.' The furnishings and color palette are so timeless! Couldn't you just envision yourself curling up on that sofa with a book all day???

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore all of those spaces. I would not have thought of myself as a farmhouse type of girl but apparently I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stacey, this looks very much like an old barn that we renovated a few years ago!! Away from everything, and such a wonderful place to just kick back and be. I love the light in this one. Ours does not have this much.

    Enjoy every moment of your spring break! Today is the last day of mine. Tomorrow, it's back to work :-(

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stacey how are you doing?
    It's been a while since I don't leave a comment, anyway, I've been visiting your blog, your new home looks gorgeous
    and this place... I can't believe that was a farmhouse! everything is so so beautiful

    ♥ Marley

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just love farmhouse chic. I especially like the image of the modern barn - such a sophisticated upscale rustic chic aesthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rustic wood beams and strong colors...aaaahh what a great mix!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am such a fan of rustic-chic decor. I seriously can't wait to buy our house (we're trying SO hard) so I can totally redecorate and have a cohesive style throughout! Definitely going to be rustic farmhouse meets modern meets cottage, etc. Hah. Okay so I need to nail down exactly what it is, but these pictures really do my ideas justice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks again, Stacey, for letting me do a guest post on your blog. It looks so chic and modern!

    Cheers!
    Calvin
    ArcadianHomeDecor.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post Stacey...love the rustic chic look...perfect for my imaginary farmhouse!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous place! Rustic with elegant touch, I liked especially the last room. Great post. =(^.^)=

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're so right! They definitely don't automatically go together in my mind but these pix all show that it can be done! LOVE! Especially swooning over that kitchen :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, I enjoed it very much! Thank you! Fantastic, inspirational homes! Great blog, I am now following! Maybe you'll have time to visit mine:)

    Kisses,
    Annabelle
    http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Smitten with the wing backs. I have been drawn to that color lately, maybe Spring is almost here?

    ReplyDelete
  26. what wonderful colors for the wing back chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the barn look. It looks homey.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are like my daily dose of sunshine. They brighten my day:-).